• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African Grey Check-In

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Congo African Grey - Melody - 9 Weeks (hand raised)
I'm very concerned as s/he appears very underweight. You. also, need to have look work done as early as possible to sex the grey as no matter what you may have been told, it's impossible to tell other than blood tests and there are dangerous and deadly illnesses with baby/young birds that are easily transmissible, especially to other young birds.

That baby grey looks hideous, underfed, and possibly sickly.

Annadiana

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Annadiana Johnson
CAG - Dusty Rose - 12 1/2 yr old female (got her when she was 2 months)
CAG - Nathaniel - 12 1/2 yr old male (got him when he was 2 months and Dusty was 4 months)
TAG - Skittles - 14 yrs old male (he was 2 1/2 when he joined our family)

kannon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
john kannengieser
New to forum.I have 2 CAG's:
Rosie a former egg producer for a breeder.
Jack(M?)Passed down to me because I am an old man.This bird was owned by an old man that passed away.He was acquired by a family with teenage children and many other birds.He bit them and obviously was not happy.He is with me in a much quieter environment.I am letting him settle in and will slowly try to get him into the flock.Rosie wants no part of him, hissing and meowing(?).But then Rosie seems to be a bully.She can't fly, yet but tries to get to the Cockatoo if a get the cages too close when cleaning.

atomicfriday

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Shannon
I can't believe it but I guess I never posted here...!

I've had my Toby, a CAG for over two years now and he is 14. I rescued him and he is a plucker, but very handsome in my eyes! He's very sweet and a food/scritchie (by me) glutton, he can also be a turd. He's very polite always telling me "Hello" and a kiss complete with the noise every morning. Love him <3

Him and the dog are friends.