• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Affordable Bird Toys?

mstomcat65

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marti
Valentine likes anything she can shred or her manzinita branch which she sleeps on (I dont know how long, she's making a good toothpick) I have also given her coffee filters with a treat inside, I guess what I am saying is they will decide what they like!! :smileflower:

I just started hiding in-shell almonds in coffee filters and gizmo loves it.

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
if you are looking for cheap bulk wood, try avian antics! love their wood!!

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I just found out Doby loves paper plates! I was eating off one and he come to sit with me and bit a piece out of it. So, I cut the outer rim and it fell into a natural spiral.....he is on his third in two days.

Jobot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jo
Flynn is a destructibles kinda bird. You can buy cork off of amazon for super cheap. I actually jam them between his cage bars in various locations and he loves to destroy them.
I also use corn husks in various forms for him to chew and shred. And balsa is super easy to come by and is relatively cheap. I buy packs of what are basically rejects, so I get different shapes and sizes. He enjoys changing it up a bit.
Paper of various shapes and sizes is always fun to shred.
But, one of the best things I have found to occupy busy little beaks are probably making foraging toys, which are an excellent time sink for a bird.