• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Advice on what to do on emergency situations?

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
ok so as many of you know my country is going through a warlike situation so today in my building there was security meeting where they said the next few days aré critical and we must be prepared with water, food, antibiotics..1st aid stuff... Í want to know what should i do to protect Baylee from:
Smoke
Lacrimogenes bomb (sp?)
Noise bombs
Fire
Gunshots (not the noise, i mean a wound) in Baylee it might kill her but i feel i need to be prepared! This people dont care if they hit an animal or a person... There was a dog called Cross that in order to make him shut up they shoot him a bullet that went into his eye socket and went out through the back of his head... Cross spent 6 days alive with an injury you would think will kill him inmediatly..he was euthanized after vet determined that he was brain dead.
God forbid such thing happen with Baylee... I want to take as much precautions as possible... I already have food, her water, her vitamines, her vetriDMG.

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Get an escape kit together right now. Food for both you and Baylee. Water. Some extra clothes and shoes. Don't wait too long to leave.

Try to keep Baylee hidden in an inner room and be as quiet as a mouse yourself. Close all of the curtains so no one can see there is anyone there.

Don't you have a sister in FL? Is there any way that you and Baylee can get to her?

I wish you the very best Maria. Keep in touch as long as you can.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Find blood stop agents.

Flour, Corn starch, ( emergency only some sort of super glue )

Electrolytes
Do you have a small air purifier? I guess wet sheets could aid in smoke inhalation.
How do you prepare for everything?

:sadhug:

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Get an escape kit together right now. Food for both you and Baylee. Water. Some extra clothes and shoes. Don't wait too long to leave.

Try to keep Baylee hidden in an inner room and be as quiet as a mouse yourself. Close all of the curtains so no one can see there is anyone there.

Don't you have a sister in FL? Is there any way that you and Baylee can get to her?

I wish you the very best Maria. Keep in touch as long as you can.
Well it will be my mom, me & Baylee, we already gathered food, water and important papers... Clothes too...it is sunday when something can happen. So for now we aré just getting stuff together on friday im going to get some more stuff for Baylee.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Find blood stop agents.

Flour, Corn starch, ( emergency only some sort of super glue )

Electrolytes
Do you have a small air purifier? I guess wet sheets could aid in smoke inhalation.
How do you prepare for everything?

:sadhug:
Some what nervous today there was gunshots nearby again...í managed to calm Baylee. I dont have an Air purifier...

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
all I can think of is a closely-woven fabric, like bedding sheets, that you could make wet. Would help with tear gas, smoke, heat.
yes and some type of coagulent.
Sincere best wishes to you. I've often thought of bird owners in countries where it is almost impossible for children and adults to survive.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
God Maria, I can only image how awful this must be. You have gotten really good advice, I will pray that things will be okay for, you your family, friends, and Baylee.
:sadhug2:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm not sure what you'll be carrying Baylee in, but if you run in a hurry a cage may not be easy to hide.

A pillowcase near her cage is something to think about, easy to hide and you can grab it (with her in it) and run. Or a small back or fanny pack you can wear yourself that you could hide her in.

Praying for you.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
God bless. I would throw in one or two pillow cases just in case to carry some items in if needed. Flashlight, batteries and battery radio if you have one. Do you have canned food and can opener?
Yes! My mom bought 7 lts of water plus Canned food...lots of it! I got cash too and so does my mom! That part is covered... Wow never thought of putting stuff in a pillow case!

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
I'm not sure what you'll be carrying Baylee in, but if you run in a hurry a cage may not be easy to hide.

A pillowcase near her cage is something to think about, easy to hide and you can grab it (with her in it) and run. Or a small back or fanny pack you can wear yourself that you could hide her in.

Praying for you.
She have a small travel cage! 20x13x14 that i will keep it next to her cage from now on.

Last edited:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
That is pretty big (if it's in inches) to run and hide with. Praying you never have to do that.

Perhaps you have a fanny pack? Something you can line with a cardboard box (so it's not crushable) that you can wear under a shirt?

Just a thought. Also, if you have a harness for her, take it too.

In my house I have pillow cases by my cages, I'll stuff my birds in them in case of fire emergency.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I have no advice to offer but wish you all the best. :sadhug:

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
That is pretty big (if it's in inches) to run and hide with. Praying you never have to do that.

Perhaps you have a fanny pack? Something you can line with a cardboard box (so it's not crushable) that you can wear under a shirt?

Just a thought. Also, if you have a harness for her, take it too.

In my house I have pillow cases by my cages, I'll stuff my birds in them in case of fire emergency.
I do have an harness for her but she hate it... She wont stop attacking it until i take it off of her!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
lol Spicy little thing.

Take it anyway. If you leave in a hurry, and can't take the cage or have to leave it for some reason, at least you'll have a lifeline to put on her.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
lol Spicy little thing.

Take it anyway. If you leave in a hurry, and can't take the cage or have to leave it for some reason, at least you'll have a lifeline to put on her.
I have tried for an hour to leave her with it! And try to distract her with millet, seeds & fruits also water...but is a no go. :bash:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Don't worry about her wearing it right now.
If the time comes you actually need it, I'm guessing she'll be in such shock from what's happening around her, the harness will be the least of her worries.
It's also small and can fit in your pocket, so not much to lose by taking it, even if it's never used.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Prayers up.