• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Adventures in Puppysitting

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Due to some weird timing my father's new GSD pup was ready to come home from the breeders like a week before he was going camping with friends.
I volunteered to puppysit. My mother let me borrow her smartphone so I could get some nice pictures for them. It'll be fun, I thought.
Ha.

I brought him home, set up Shadow's old blanket, and he fell asleep and was adorable.

Until he woke up.

By day two his nickname was Tiny Terror, as he was still unnamed at this point and my father rejected all my suggestions. I dunno why, Squirmy, Gremlin, Mako Shark, Genghis Khan, and Literally Satan are all great dog names.
Eventually my father texted me and told me his name would be Axel, which is Hebrew for "Father of Peace." ...
I don't think it's supposed to be ironic.

He is a very pretty boy and sharp as a knife (literally and figuratively.)

When he is asleep he is a tiny angel and I love him.

When he is awake I'm waiting for him to go back to sleep.

He tries to look dignified, like a big boy.

Tries.

I had him for two weeks and honestly it was a relief when my father picked him up yesterday. I have enough scars, thanks.
I don't think I want a puppy again. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do now that my own dogs have passed but Axel helped me realize I don't want anything with baby teeth. (Seriously, a pups' "milk teeth" is nature's cruel joke to mother dogs everywhere.)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a cute little Terror.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
What a cutey! I bet you had fun "puppy sitting" :)

Debbie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debbie
I'm sorry I was laughing also...Shepherds are wonderful dogs...as long as you train them well and after they turn 3 LOL! My last puppy (Cavalier Spaniel) is now 6 1/2 yrs. When she was a puppy I nicknamed her " Vampire Girl" So when I would e-mail the breeder to give her updates...I would say Vampire Girl, oh I mean Megan, is doing well...I've had enough puppies to know that "This too shall pass" but they are a lot of work! I loved your nicknames...maybe after a couple of weeks your Dad will want to use one of your nicknames...Beautiful dog though...

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Those are all wonderful photos of him. You captured his personality perfectly!

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I wish I could "like" this post twice. Holy moly I laughed so hard! :coffeescreen:
I'm sorry I was laughing also...Shepherds are wonderful dogs...as long as you train them well and after they turn 3 LOL! My last puppy (Cavalier Spaniel) is now 6 1/2 yrs. When she was a puppy I nicknamed her " Vampire Girl" So when I would e-mail the breeder to give her updates...I would say Vampire Girl, oh I mean Megan, is doing well...I've had enough puppies to know that "This too shall pass" but they are a lot of work! I loved your nicknames...maybe after a couple of weeks your Dad will want to use one of your nicknames...Beautiful dog though...
Fine, laugh at my suffering. :lol:
I'm kidding, of course, he's a little character. I wasn't prepared for the little carpet shark though! It's been over 10 years since I've had a puppy in the house so I was used to my well-adjusted, well behaved, senior dogs. Having my ankles bitten hard enough to draw blood the first couple of days was a real surprise.
Fortunately he's also an extremely fast learner and by the time I sent him back to my father he'd learned not to bite that hard. Well, not to bite me that hard at least.
I bet Dad will like my names more once he's had the imp for a couple weeks. ;)

And thank you everyone else, I tried to choose pictures that basically conveyed the ordeal. :D
Can't say I miss him though! It's nice to be able to get more than 5 hours of sleep a night.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wish I could "like" this post twice. Holy moly I laughed so hard! :coffeescreen:
I feel the same way!:laughing7: This thread should be a must read for all gonna be puppy owners :pinklol2:

Your pics were spot on and too cute :swoon:

And your name suggestions were fabulous! :cantwait:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
What a cutie! :xflove:

Puppies really can act like, for lack of a better word, the spawn of satan. :lol:

I got my Bullmastiff when she was 10 months old, thank gosh. :angel1:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
What a beautiful puppy ..sounds like you two had fun :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Fine, laugh at my suffering. :lol:
I'm kidding, of course, he's a little character. I wasn't prepared for the little carpet shark though! It's been over 10 years since I've had a puppy in the house so I was used to my well-adjusted, well behaved, senior dogs. Having my ankles bitten hard enough to draw blood the first couple of days was a real surprise.
Fortunately he's also an extremely fast learner and by the time I sent him back to my father he'd learned not to bite that hard. Well, not to bite me that hard at least.
I bet Dad will like my names more once he's had the imp for a couple weeks. ;)

And thank you everyone else, I tried to choose pictures that basically conveyed the ordeal. :D
Can't say I miss him though! It's nice to be able to get more than 5 hours of sleep a night.
I was going to say - wait until you're sitting at your dining table and hear crunching; you look down and discover your pup is using one of the chair spars as a teething stick (our Basselope used to do that
).

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
He sure is cute and will be a gorgeous dog. We hadn't had a puppy for 11 years when we got Brodie. He was pretty good, as far as puppies go, but I think I will try to miss the puppy phase next time!

Rolanda

Beautiful Boy!!:heart: