• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Adorable swing in May Nutz ToyBox!

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
I wish we could find a way to recycle all those wood chips and toothpicks! Collective, our birds probably generate quite a bit of it! :hehe:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wish we could find a way to recycle all those wood chips and toothpicks! Collective, our birds probably generate quite a bit of it! :hehe:
I tried! I took all the little pieces & elmers glued them like confetti to a 5" or 6" spoon. It looked like a confetti covered spoon. Buddy worked on it 1 day. Did a good job. He prefers this type of setup tho.

Left over circle wood ring parts

+

Spoon/Fork & elmers glue

Ends up Looking like this. (Usually glue & pieces on both sides)

IMG_20190524_013703_hdr.jpg

I tried glueing new pieces to one, he ignored it completely. If I handed it to him he threw it on the floor. If he grabbed it outta his toy bowl, it was to only (yep you guessed it). Throw it on the floor. It must've been undeserving of the real toys! :laughing1::laughing2:

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
I tried! I took all the little pieces & elmers glued them like confetti to a 5" or 6" spoon. It looked like a confetti covered spoon. Buddy worked on it 1 day. Did a good job. He prefers this type of setup tho.

Left over circle wood ring parts

+

Spoon/Fork & elmers glue

Ends up Looking like this. (Usually glue & pieces on both sides)

View attachment 305215

I tried glueing new pieces to one, he ignored it completely. If I handed it to him he threw it on the floor. If he grabbed it outta his toy bowl, it was to only (yep you guessed it). Throw it on the floor. It must've been undeserving of the real toys! :laughing1::laughing2:
I would just be careful with glue (ideally, instead of wood glue, I would drill and string them together) (I do this for one of my conures, who doesn't seem to mind pieces of her original toys, lol)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I completely understand, @Davi . I use it as little as possible - and then only a dab. Would much rather drill and string or use a zip tie.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I completely understand, @Davi . I use it as little as possible - and then only a dab. Would much rather drill and string or use a zip tie.
You may want to watch the zip ties, I started giving the cut end a little file. Someone posted in here that some birds have gotten cut & punctured by zip ties. Where they're cut off @. I forgot who... It may have been @Mizzely.

The elmers glue, I try not to use to much & I only do it once in awhile. I'm a little concerned about it too.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes cut zip ties have resulted in stitches for several birds that I'm aware of! One used to be on here.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
interestimg, but i always cut off the end down to the clasp, and face that part out side the cage. maybe thats the difference.

man its hard to type with a bird sleeping in your hand!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
interestimg, but i always cut off the end down to the clasp, and face that part out side the cage. maybe thats the difference.

man its hard to type with a bird sleeping in your hand!

I'll try to find the thread, but basically the bird was crawling past a cut zip tie and it sliced through their skin. I just melt the ends with a lighter quick now to make them blunt. Birds are so accident prone!