• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Most everyone knows now that M&M are up for adoption due to multiple illnesses of the birdie Mom.
They are 100% English budgies but I will not post photos because I think members know what they look like. The person that adopts them should be able to pick them up with no complications of transportation. Nearby states are Virginia, Pa, Delaware NJ and West Va and of course Md. Here is a map

Reisterstown, MD - Reisterstown, Maryland Map & Directions - MapQuest

My lovely budgies are 2.5 years old now and 100% English. Please message me for any further questions.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Its a sad commentary when you realize people only want an English budgie pair for breeding. I will be dam... If i will put them in an environment like that! I may end up waiting for several months for Phoenix Landing to put them in a foster home while they do what they are good at and find a home for them. Or i end up keeping them and further compromise my health.

Sorry this whole re homing business is very stressful and frustrating.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:sadhug2:

Hoping you find the perfect place for them to land.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
It is really hard to make this choice Dianne. I am so sorry that this was the option you needed to make. Healthy birds need a healthy bird parent. Sometimes the kindest, but hardest, thing we can do is make that hard choice. I hope a super caring and awesome bird oriented person can help your little M&M.

I know what you mean about people wanting to breed the poor dears... I have seen some horrid parrotlet set ups... Then people asking, "why hasn't my bird made a nest..."... I don't know maybe because they feel scared and don't have any toys, perches or proper food.... So irritating.... Because birds aren't breeding slaves... :(

Plenty of good people doing the right things, but the bad ones are so bad.. I am suspicious of so many "breeders" unless I see the place in person and the person is actually a bird oriented and kind human.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
:crycry: I'm so sorry that you are having to make this decision

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
I don’t think Queen Mickey would ever let herself become a breeding slave, she gets her gumption from her birdie mama :hug8:

There are a lot of bad humans in this world, but I know that you are making sure they go to one of the good ones. Much luck to you :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.