• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Adopt a kitten/cat for my dad – what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Ok, I will try and make this as short as possible. My dad is going through a rough time at the moment, I haven’t had much to do with him for the past.. what, 3 years, he didn’t want anything to do with me, because of a certain person. (my dad’s now ex girlfriend)

Anyways..

My dad and his ex girlfriend were together for about 3 and a half years. My dad and his ex moved from the Blue Mountains here in NSW, about 3 hours away, to Queensland which is about 14 hours away, and they were traveling around with the Circus (lol), they had their own food store. My dad left driving Taxi’s, to go and work with a Circus? go figure, he was getting good money driving Taxi’s. When he moved with his ex to Queensland, that is when he started wanting nothing to do with me, but spoke to my brothers occasionally.

Christmas last year, my dad, his ex, my 3 brothers, and some of my family went camping, they went for 2 and a bit weeks. When my 3 brothers were dropped back home on New Years Eve, my dad and his ex continued driving and went to my sisters friends place to visit which is in the Blue Mountains. They were only going to stay there for a day, but then Queensland had the big floods, so they couldn’t go back up to Queensland and had to stay put until they got the okay to go back up. They stayed put for quite a while! (2 months or something)

My mum rang my dad yesterday because my dad put on his FB account that his now ex had gone. He said she has gone back up to Queensland, she left a few days ago, they broke up because neither of them were happy, and it wasn’t working and etc etc. (OH and she took our dog!! :() My dad is still staying at my sisters friends place *for now*, he just bought a fully furnished house in the same town he used to live in before he moved (Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains) which he is moving into next week, AND he got his job back that he loved, which is driving Taxi’s!! (he started today) :)

My brothers will be able to go visit him now, and I plan on it too. My dad lived by himself previously before meeting his ex, but he is taking it really hard, and dreads living by himself again. I mean, one of my sisters lives in the next town, and my sisters friend is only about an hour away, but still...

That is why I was thinking, the RSPCA which is 10 mins away from where he will be living, has a lot of pets up for adoption right now, and I was thinking about going there one day and adopting a cat for him, to keep him company.

Animal Details

Animal Details

Animal Details - this kitten is deaf so needs to live inside, he caught my eye straight away!

What do you guys think? He is an animal lover, just not as much as most people.. and he hides it, lol!

Last edited:

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
If he can go with you to pick the cat out and make sure it's one that clicks with him, then I'd say go for it!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I would talk to him about it first..what if you bring t he animal over and he says no....then you would have to take him home...be prepared for that..nice thought though

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
I would say suggest it as an idea to him, but do no more than that until/if he says he likes the idea.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Talk to him first about it, especially one with a handicap.

Status
Not open for further replies.