• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Actually good Youtubers?

conureboys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mads (they/them)
We've spent some time talking about pet Youtubers that should be avoided/spew misinformation.

Has anyone watched any bird-related channels/videos that they DO enjoy and consider to be helpful, informative, or fun?

Personally, from what little I've seen from Flock-Talk, I like them. But what do -you- think? Let me know!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I watch Southwest Wildlife Foundation a LOT. I can't get enough of how expert he is with all raptors and he surely does care for them. Raptors and corvids are my favorite birds next to parrots.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I like Flock Talk and Max the cockatoo. Both are great. I don't agree with everything Max's human does (certain toys he provides, etc) but I can see that he clearly loves Max and does his best, as many of us do.

conureboys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mads (they/them)
Thank you all for your replies! Will definitely be checking these out :D

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I might be late to the game but I really recommend Birdtricks. They have such a great mentality about how to communicate with their birds. :)
Yes! I just started watching their videos. Can't believe I didn't find them sooner. Another YouTuber recommended them and already it's improved my training time.

Wishaliee

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Raina
I recommend Adventures of Roku he has 2 macaws, an eclectus, a major mitchell cockatoo, and a Quaker, free flys them all and shows the footage! I’ve watched him for awhile and haven’t seen him show anything but love to his fids.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I watch Parrot Playhouse too! She covers more than one thing which is really nice. I've watched a bunch from Don Scott's rescue "Cloe Sanctuary Rescue" (Cockatoo based) videos. I periodically watch a Petra video here & there, (entertainment usually). I've just watched, & subscribed to Bird tricks recently.

:hug9:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I watch Southwest Wildlife Foundation a LOT. I can't get enough of how expert he is with all raptors and he surely does care for them. Raptors and corvids are my favorite birds next to parrots.
I watch them too! Fantastic work!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I like wingsNpaws, GoodBirdInc/Barbara Heidenreich, The Bird School by Ann Castro, flychomperfly, Lara Joseph...

I do not like Bird Tricks (I do not recommend them!), Carolin von Petzholdt nor Manda & Rio.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Carolin von Petzholdt
Apart from this womans voice being the screachiest noise ever, I hate the way she endangers her birds for clickbait videos. I can´t believe she actually has fans...

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Apart from this womans voice being the screachiest noise ever, I hate the way she endangers her birds for clickbait videos. I can´t believe she actually has fans...
One of the worst free flight videos I ever saw was when she flew her birds at a public park around several dogs. Then went on and on about how awful dogs are.... like whoa... you are risking your birds life again and again... and blaming other people. It was enraging.

I will suggest the youtube channel 'Discover PARROTS'. He does lovely work.

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
That woman... She keeps hope in a dog crate, two Hy's in a cage not big enough for a single one. No surprise, one of the hy's but a hole in the beak of the other, which became infected when she refused it treatment. She bandaged the beak but didn't take the poor thing in. She then made a video going on about How she was going to get rid of the older bird, then changed her mind. Had a pastor come in and told everyone praying was the best way to "heal a troubled animal" . Not training or bonding, just praying.

She gave hope "butt massages" and I really hope I don't need to explain how screwed up that is.