• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Acting strange

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
Sunflower (a 3mo GCC) had been a little off today. She seems a extra clumsy this afternoon (she is normally an adorable klutz). Her poos have also been extra watery. They look normal except for the excess water. She also seems to be angry with my husband. He went to work today for the first time since we got her (I'm usually the one who goes to work for hours). Could it just be the stress of hin leaving? Is she just upset with the change in routine? She isn't showing any other signs of being sick. Should we be worried?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Has she ever had a well vet check? Did she eat anything extra watery, or take a bath? If she continues to be more klutzy than normal, or her droppings continue to be off, you might want to take her to a vet.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Take her to a vet. It is worth your peace of mind.

No one here is qualified to give your bird a diagnosis through our phones and computers.

Good luck.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I'll 3rd vote for the vet check.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
How clumsy are we talking about? That in combination with the watery feces is very concerning.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Definitely vet check time if possible. Especially where she's so young. Sometimes it's nothing and sometimes they're very good at hiding things and need some treatment.
As others have said, peace of mind is worth it.