• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Accident happened to Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Ohh, the poor bird, and also the poor grandson! I bet he feels pretty awful right now. Young kids don't know better sometimes, but if the bird will be ok and the grandson now knows not to do it, I bet the encounter won't happen again. Your grandson sounds like a little sweetie. :heart:

Patricia

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Patricia Lippai
Everything is going to ok,called the vet and he said that Patrick will be alright.He also went on to explain about the releasing of the feathers in times of danger etc.I told him I got fantastic advice from you guys.The grandson and I have worked out a plan,in the summer he will come to stay here for two weeks and help with the birds and at that time he may have one of grandma's birds cage and all,if I fell he can handle and respect our wee friends.He has fully agreed.Before he left he went to Patrick and said he was so sorry.We gave them 10 mins together with my grandson rubbing Patrick head,and talking to him♥

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
:D Awesome! Your grandson has learned a lot already from this.:laughing12:

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I'm glad everything's okay now!

I did that once myself too, I felt so bad:( We had a rosella escape at the store (hadn't been with us long, was part of a breeding pair and wasn't tame -- very skittish) and he got behind some boxes in the back -- I went to grab him, but he slipped out of my hand and I got his tail instead. As he flew off, I ended up with a handful of feathers:(

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Everything is going to ok,called the vet and he said that Patrick will be alright.He also went on to explain about the releasing of the feathers in times of danger etc.I told him I got fantastic advice from you guys.The grandson and I have worked out a plan,in the summer he will come to stay here for two weeks and help with the birds and at that time he may have one of grandma's birds cage and all,if I fell he can handle and respect our wee friends.He has fully agreed.Before he left he went to Patrick and said he was so sorry.We gave them 10 mins together with my grandson rubbing Patrick head,and talking to him♥
ha ha i new grandma would help grandson get a bird i also new young and old are not perfect
im betting the grandson will end up in later years with a house full of birds and children grandma thanks for your understanding love kindness god bless you

Ashley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
my jenday's tail feathers were pulled out by his mate when I first got him and they grew back

Status
Not open for further replies.