• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

About flight feathers...

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
When I got my two linnies they had had a pretty hard clip. I knew nothing about clipping at the time, but moving forward I'm planning on not clipping. So yesterday I noticed this one extra long feather in Emrys' left wing. Is this common that one feather would come in like this? It's only on his left wing... And I swear it's longer today than yesterday!

Attachments

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's exactly what happened with my girl. Here is a pic from December 1st. Gigi was not symmetrical for quite a while. Now, less than 2 months later, she has 6-7 feathers on each side and they are all long. She has been practicing her flight skills for a few months and she is getting better and better. I'm not sure what the heck was going on with her today but she was flying and flying, circling above me, lighting on me and quickly flying to her gym, to her cage, it seemed like she was teasing me. I was laughing and laughing and she was into it.

You can see in my profile pic how her wings look now, the other side is the same.

upload_2019-1-21_18-28-51.jpeg

Last edited:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
That's exactly what happened with my girl. Here is a pic from December 1st. Gigi was not symmetrical for quite a while. Now, less than 2 months later, she has 6-7 feathers on each side and they are all long. She has been practicing her flight skills for a few months and she is getting better and better. I'm not sure what the heck was going on with her today but she was flying and flying, circling above me, lighting on me and quickly flying to her gym, to her cage, it seemed like she was teasing me. I was laughing and laughing and she was into it.

You can see in my profile pic how her wings look now, the other side is the same.

View attachment 294782
Interesting! Now I'm going to be watching Caspar for the same thing. It's no wonder my boys are clumsy, a clip for linnies is a lot of wing!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe keep the clipped feathers that you find on the bottom of the cage to see what to expect! It seemed like Gigi's feathers took forever to start and then all of the sudden she was fully flighted. I seriously can't imagine your 2 flying like Gigi was today. :)