• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Visit to the Bird Store...

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
I went to visit the bird store I got Yukio from and I saw this pretty young cockatiel that was plucked by the other ones!! I also saw a rainbow lorikeet baby that had one wing :sad10::rant:

AvianCrew

Real Name
michelle
You know they're lying when they say "the cockatiel was just pulled from the nest"

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Different breeders pull babies at different ages.

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
The bird store I go to doesn't let people in the nursery. It has a glass window but you cannot see all the babies. You get to meet your baby you have a deposit on when they are ready to join the 'sales' floor. I hope that cockatiel is not being plucked or that they separate him if that is the case.

AvianCrew

Real Name
michelle
The bird store I go to doesn't let people in the nursery. It has a glass window but you cannot see all the babies. You get to meet your baby you have a deposit on when they are ready to join the 'sales' floor. I hope that cockatiel is not being plucked or that they separate him if that is the case.
I took a picture from the nursery window. The cockatiels were weaning / already weaned. No way he could've done that to his head :sad10:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I took a picture from the nursery window. The cockatiels were weaning / already weaned. No way he could've done that to his head :sad10:

I see a lot of cockatiels with a genetic bald spot, so that baby could be one. It also has a lot of pins coming in and appears to be younger than the other bird in the picture. I don't see definitive evidence of plucking.

RandyMiller

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Randy Miller
I went to visit the bird store I got Yukio from and I saw this pretty young cockatiel that was plucked by the other ones!! I also saw a rainbow lorikeet baby that had one wing :sad10::rant:
That's really sad..

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Very well may have been pulled later and the parents plucked the baby. Happens quite often. Especially if parents are not normally allowed to wean out their own babies. They get used to only having to take care of babies for a couple of weeks and when they stay later they get frustrated.