• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Video of My Collection! [Reptiles...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
Nice collection! I don't know much about snakes.. do you take each out to hang out with you?

Sarin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
Nice collection! I don't know much about snakes.. do you take each out to hang out with you?
Once in a while I'll take them out and handle them. They don't need human attention so if I don't, it doesn't really matter to them. For the most part I leave them be, especially the breeding adults.

Thanks. :)

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Hi Nicole
How is your parrot?
Last time I read, he was screaming tons.
I think she had to rehome. :(
Great collection. I had a ball for a while (it was actually my brother's) but I rehomed him because I am not really a snake person and my brother wasn't caring for him. Love the pied one. :)

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
I know nothing about snakes, is that where they live? (I haven't finished watching the video yet, about 3 mins in)

Weirsh Bird

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Aubrey
What she keeps her snakes in is called a rack system. They are by FAR the best way to keep ball pythons happy and eating. In their natural African habitat, ball pythons in particular are very shy, secretive snakes who are most frequently found living their entire lives the majority of the time curled up in holes in termite mounds and similar. When kept in large, complex environments and handled frequently in captivity, they VERY frequently stop feeding due to stress. They will literally starve themselves to death, and are in fact infamous for doing this. Ball pythons are happiest when kept warm, humid and enclosed in their "den".

Beautiful snakes you have there. :)

Sarin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
I know nothing about snakes, is that where they live? (I haven't finished watching the video yet, about 3 mins in)
What she keeps her snakes in is called a rack system. They are by FAR the best way to keep ball pythons happy and eating. In their natural African habitat, ball pythons in particular are very shy, secretive snakes who are most frequently found living their entire lives the majority of the time curled up in holes in termite mounds and similar. When kept in large, complex environments and handled frequently in captivity, they VERY frequently stop feeding due to stress. They will literally starve themselves to death, and are in fact infamous for doing this. Ball pythons are happiest when kept warm, humid and enclosed in their "den".

Beautiful snakes you have there. :)
Couldn't have said it better myself! This is what they live in. It also helps keep things as clean as possible. It works very well for Ball Pythons.

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Cool, I really know nothing at all about them! :) Well, other than the fact that I would never hold one without someone else there to save me from it if need be :p :hehe:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Yea my brothers snake went 9 months without eating. We moved him into the laundry room with no natural lighting and very little traffic and he started eating again. They are like the opposite of birds.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.