• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Venting Forum/Personal Support Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleu

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I see a lot of venting things in the general section and people who need personal support. I think it's great that people can come to this forum and get support for everything not bird-related that's going on in their life (I have and will do it), but is it possible to have a sub-forum or section for venting/personal support posts? I think this would do two things: 1). Allow the positive general posts to get equal attention 2). allow the venting/i need support/prayers threads to get the attention they need by posting in a separate section (of course I'd separate the venting and the prayers/need support section lol).

I know I can personally ignore them when my world is already too gloomy to help another (which I don't always want to do because I like to support when I can), but they tend to pop up a lot because people keep posting on them and I don't want people to STOP posting them because I feel that is what helps make this a caring and open community.

Just a thought. Not sure if it's more work than it's worth though.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I think a sub forum is a great idea. I know we all like to vent now and then, but sometimes there is just too much sadness to read or even respond.

I know I almost left one board because I couldn't take the personal issues people were having. After a long day, I want to read fun, upbeat stuff, not overdosing on pills just too way out whacky for me to read or deal with it's just too much.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
We do have the candlelit lane for support and prayers already :)

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
Ahh ok...I almost always miss that section. My fault! What about a vent section though? Would that be a bad idea?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I will bring it to the attention of the Admins

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
Okie dokie Thank you :) I know I'll use it too. I just think it would be a neat idea for those that just want to vent and for those that can relate lol

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. At this time we're not ready to add something like this to the forums. However, please keep the suggestions coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.