• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures A thread for photos of my and my brother's reptiles, tarantulas, and scorpions

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
:) She belongs to him, her name is Jasper.
image0000001_03.jpg
And this is Mister Booty.
IMG_20190912_173854977.jpg
He's still too young to pair up, but he's one of a few males of his species in Canada. It took a couple of months for him to eat, but he finally did. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to his hairs and he's a kicker. :dead:
IMG_20190912_174254040.jpg
And this is his little sister. I'm hoping to find an unrelated male for her one day. They're from the same eggsack, but she wasn't fed as frequently before I got her. There are at least three bottlecaps in this picture.

Thankfully, she isn't as liberal with her butthairs.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oooh I like Jasper! She´s a cutie!❤
Sorry, not so much Mister Booty, although a cool name, and his sister - arachnids just aren´t my thing I´m afraid :(

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Cool critters but... ick lol:backout:
:p I understand. But my tarantulas are the docile, non-lethal variety. I've only gotten bitten once, and it wasn't nearly as bad as a bird bite (and all my fault). My girl Gumdrop (in the photo below) was hungry, and I was dumb and used my finger instead of a brush to move her away from her water dish. I forgot that my fingers look like giant mealworms, lol. I spent the next ten minutes wondering if I actually was bitten, felt a slight numbness at the bite site for two minutes or so and went on with my life.

They're not really something you can or should handle, IMHO. I have handled my rosehair, but only to get her back in her enclosure.

I absolutely hate people who use them for pranks. They're delicate and so easy to kill. :( They are very fluffy and soft, though. I wish I could handle them, but it's not worth stressing out the spider.

Attachments

Last edited:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Oooh I like Jasper! She´s a cutie!❤
Sorry, not so much Mister Booty, although a cool name, and his sister - arachnids just aren´t my thing I´m afraid :(
I get it. :) They're just a huge interest for me. I don't really consider them pets in the same way as my birds or dogs. I like collecting their shed exoskeletons and creating little worlds for them.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
They are interesting to look at. I think they are cool, but not something for me lol!

I am good until the web part, and when they shed their shell in whole freaky!!

Great hobby Garet. I am glad they are not venomous.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I'M IN LOVE! :swoon:

Jasper is so cute. What subspecies is she? I have an Irian Jaya bluey. Little spitfires they are. :heart:

And those sweet little fluffballs!!
She's a baby high yellow northern, I believe?

image0000001_05.jpg

And this is his Finn. We believe he's a hybrid chonkster

image0000021_01.jpg

And Ramen. :p Poor gal was neglected and is male sized. My brother's babysitting her and we're hoping her old owner won't come back for her. If she doesn't, his GF or my mom are going to keep her. She does need a bigger vivarium, though.

They are interesting to look at. I think they are cool, but not something for me lol!

I am good until the web part, and when they shed their shell in whole freaky!!

Great hobby Garet. I am glad they are not venomous.
Not all of them are heavy Webber's, but I get what you mean. I do like the more venomous old world species, but they tend to be quick as lightning, and it isn't a risk I want to take with the birds and dogs. I know how to keep them happy and less-bolty, but it's a huge risk. :( I'd much rather have an allergic reaction to hairs than getting one that could harm my birds in self defense.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
She's a baby high yellow northern, I believe?

View attachment 315265

And this is his Finn. We believe he's a hybrid chonkster

View attachment 315266

And Ramen. :p Poor gal was neglected and is male sized. My brother's babysitting her and we're hoping her old owner won't come back for her. If she doesn't, his GF or my mom are going to keep her. She does need a bigger vivarium, though.

Not all of them are heavy Webber's, but I get what you mean. I do like the more venomous old world species, but they tend to be quick as lightning, and it isn't a risk I want to take with the birds and dogs. I know how to keep them happy and less-bolty, but it's a huge risk. :( I'd much rather have an allergic reaction to hairs than getting one that could harm my birds in self defense.
I so agree! Many creatures prey on birds, not worth the risk!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
My friend has a tailless whip scorpion, creepy little things.
Lucky them :) I like them, but they're a bit hard to find here.

I so agree! Many creatures prey on birds, not worth the risk!
Exactly. The only reptiles in my room are harmless.

Though I have to admit, I'm very jealous of my brother's Boa. <___<

image0000001_04.jpg
IMG_20190908_160041.jpg

Other Steven is still just a baby. ;3; And his Hoggy Lars is just precious. He loves trying to burrow between your fingers.

Screenshot_20190916-171151.png

He lives in a separate appartment on our now triplex and keeps his snakes well fed on frozen/thawed rodents and locked up, so my birbs are safe. His skinks do dine on Triss' eggs, though. <<

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Your Parents are very cool to allow all this with the birds too!

I guess as long as you take care of them lol as any Parent would say hehe.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Your Parents are very cool to allow all this with the birds too!

I guess as long as you take care of them lol as any Parent would say hehe.
I'm an adult anyways. XP My mom actually likes tarantulas and may be getting a Vietnamese blue kingsnake for herself in the spring.

(Not ours)

They're a bit big for me, though. One day, though...

Again, not ours, but I'd like one in the future, when I have a large, secure enclosure and spare moolah.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm an adult anyways. XP My mom actually likes tarantulas and may be getting a Vietnamese blue kingsnake for herself in the spring.

(Not ours)

They're a bit big for me, though. One day, though...

Again, not ours, but I'd like one in the future, when I have a large, secure enclosure and spare moolah.
Hognoses are so cute!

Have you seen the channel Snake Discovery on You Tube? They recently hatched some little hognoses!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
My bro just sent me this. :roflmao: Little guy is still in quarantine and is going to get a bioactive setup like the rest of our herps. Ever since he removed the backdrop because someone got stuck behind it, he's been trying to hide on the lid.

image0000001_06.jpg

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Ooh cuties! I love looking at tarantulas but I don't think I could have one as a pet. Same goes for things like roaches, for me. I think it's the undersides that bother me, even when I had millies I couldn't look at their underbellies without feeling a bit squiggy.

I used to have millipedes, they were awesome. Very chill dudes, they just walked around and dug holes. They really liked potato and zucchini. I always had to put in 2 slices, because the bigger one would wrap her whole body around a slice, not letting the other eat! And if I left the skin on, they never ate it. Picky little guys! I miss having them around, maybe I'll get more one day. Josh's Frogs has so many types now, including one I was looking at before I got my millipedes.

Oh, and I have Fuzzgig. Sometimes he squeaks when I pick him up, and also sometimes he stares at me at night. He's a spooky one. But a chill dude overall. He tries to climb like a tree frog, but I don't want to crush his dreams and tell him he's too chonky.

This was Mallow, he went MIA in the tank one day, and I never found him. I think he's eating those good leaves at the Rainbow Bridge. Sometimes I wonder if after Akeley passed, he wanted to be with her. I guess we'll never know.

And this was Akeley, she was cool. She threw up if startled but I learned to deal with the millipede burn. She passed on, as she was dying Mallow stayed with her, when she passed he left her alone.

And this is my chonker boy Fuzzgig. Sometimes he sings at the tv, or music, or Chirp. He's silly.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
The Vietnamese Blue Kingsnakes look awesome!! Post pictures if your mum ends up getting one!