• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures A thread about Boots

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Omg Bootsie you are very cute!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Feeling cool in the soil! :laugh:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
So cute! I hope they don't get the idea to use your beautiful garden boxes for a litter box!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
So cute! I hope they don't get the idea to use your beautiful garden boxes for a litter box!
i looked for signs! None. That was the first thought that crossed my mind!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had a cat walking across my raised planter and peeing and pooping in there. Not a good thing. I think it was the neighbors' cat. Haven't seen it since they moved. All of my rose bushes in that planter died and could have been due to that but also due another neighbor's tree's roots spreading into the planter. Probably choked my rose bushes. The tree has been cut down but I never replaced the bushes.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I had a cat walking across my raised planter and peeing and pooping in there. Not a good thing. I think it was the neighbors' cat. Haven't seen it since they moved. All of my rose bushes in that planter died and could have been due to that but also due another neighbor's tree's roots spreading into the planter. Probably choked my rose bushes. The tree has been cut down but I never replaced the bushes.
yeah if i see signs of activity i'm not using any produce from it for the birds! She's only in there because it's next to the magic door Jack vanishes into lol! My peppers are on another side of the house. A bird ate my red bell pepper!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Jack emailed me a dozen pics of Boots but his iphone camera is set to hi res so these are 6 -8 meg. Want to batch resize them and post in this thread. But first i have to finish my Python test.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
yeah if i see signs of activity i'm not using any produce from it for the birds! She's only in there because it's next to the magic door Jack vanishes into lol! My peppers are on another side of the house. A bird ate my red bell pepper!
You could use netting stretched over some poles on each corner to keep them out. I've had bunnies born in my plantar boxes twice! And there was a neighborhood cat that used it for his potty box too. Years ago when the "Bumpasses" lived across the street ( couldn't stand those people) their cats used to come over and poop in the grass in my front yard. That was when I was going through Chemo. My yorkie then managed to snatch of piece of poop and eat it.. dogs love it for some reason. He got really sick and so there I was, sitting in the vet community area, white cells out of control and I wasn't supposed to be around the public, with a very sick dog. I ran into that lady across the street and talked to her very nicely about her cats coming over and using my yard for their potty. She said back "Well, I just don't know what I can do". I suggested making some dirt beds for her cats in her back yard to attract them to do their business over there. Again... she was saying the same thing. It was obvious she had no intentions of complying. So.... I called animal control. REally now, DON'T PISS ME OFF. I explained the situation to animal control and they said it might take 2-3 weeks for them to bring a live trap. Then I told them I had cancer and was going through treatments. The trap was brought in a couple hours and two hours later.... one of her cats was in it. One of the females that I knew had a two week old litter of kittens. With her flippent attitude I really didn't care... she could hand feed those babies for all I cared at that point. She didn't care about my health one bit. They did end up getting her back from the center she was taken to, I'm sure they had to pay ( at least I hope so) . From then on they kept the two females in their garage. REally, don't piss me off.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
We still have a corner they use occasionally. On the side of the house. I haven't seen too many cats lately.. I guess because it's too hot, or I'm just not seeing them. Many, many years ago I had a neighbor who kept three cats in the house. She asked me to feed them for her when she went on vacation. I also had to scoop the litter boxes. I fully remember the first time I had to scoop poop.... I gagged my A$$ off doing it. Cat poo stinks! Never again!!!!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
You could use netting stretched over some poles on each corner to keep them out. I've had bunnies born in my plantar boxes twice! And there was a neighborhood cat that used it for his potty box too. Years ago when the "Bumpasses" lived across the street ( couldn't stand those people) their cats used to come over and poop in the grass in my front yard. That was when I was going through Chemo. My yorkie then managed to snatch of piece of poop and eat it.. dogs love it for some reason. He got really sick and so there I was, sitting in the vet community area, white cells out of control and I wasn't supposed to be around the public, with a very sick dog. I ran into that lady across the street and talked to her very nicely about her cats coming over and using my yard for their potty. She said back "Well, I just don't know what I can do". I suggested making some dirt beds for her cats in her back yard to attract them to do their business over there. Again... she was saying the same thing. It was obvious she had no intentions of complying. So.... I called animal control. REally now, DON'T PISS ME OFF. I explained the situation to animal control and they said it might take 2-3 weeks for them to bring a live trap. Then I told them I had cancer and was going through treatments. The trap was brought in a couple hours and two hours later.... one of her cats was in it. One of the females that I knew had a two week old litter of kittens. With her flippent attitude I really didn't care... she could hand feed those babies for all I cared at that point. She didn't care about my health one bit. They did end up getting her back from the center she was taken to, I'm sure they had to pay ( at least I hope so) . From then on they kept the two females in their garage. REally, don't piss me off.
what a thoughtless woman! Poor you :hug8:. Glad it all worked out.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
We still have a corner they use occasionally. On the side of the house. I haven't seen too many cats lately.. I guess because it's too hot, or I'm just not seeing them. Many, many years ago I had a neighbor who kept three cats in the house. She asked me to feed them for her when she went on vacation. I also had to scoop the litter boxes. I fully remember the first time I had to scoop poop.... I gagged my A$$ off doing it. Cat poo stinks! Never again!!!!
thankfully i don't have to do that!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Too bad about the neighbor's lack of understanding or caring. I've never had a cat and wouldn't want to clean a litter box. That being said, I do pick up after my dogs and sometimes have to clean up vomit if I don't time my older dog's feedings correctly or I give him too much food at once.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
if bird poop smelled i wouldn't have them!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
It’s raining

61691858-78B2-4A9B-8D87-6B50BE509DAC.jpeg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Boots you sure are cute with your gray stripes!