1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A sad story with a happy ending!

Discussion in 'Cockatiel Corner' started by Texas Tiel fan, 6/11/19.

1. Texas Tiel fan

Texas Tiel fan Strolling the yard

Robert Seale
    First of all, I know this is the proper forum for this type of bird but I thought you guys my like reading about this. Two weeks ago my wife and I made a long trip to visit a bird store that a good friend of mine owns in Farmers Branch Texas. Although we purchased a tiel from them last year, we had never been to his store. The high lite of the whole trip was getting to meet Helen.....his rescue female Cockatoo!!! I didn't catch all the particulars but her previous owners had about as much right to own this bird as a 5 year old owning a shot gun! they had her living in a cage OUTSIDE on a porch and feeding her Chicken, ham, and peanuts!!! You can see in the photo she had been pretty stressed by looking at the plucked feathers on her chest! Needless to say she has made GREAT improvements since coming to live with John and his wife...(bird shop owners) Not only was this my very first time to lay eyes on a living breathing Too.....I even got to hold her! What's even more amazing was the fact that after being thru what she know doubt had to deal with, she was actually sweeter than many tiels I had dealings with!

Attached Files:

2. Zara

Zara Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Zara
    She´s a beauty :) Nice to hear she is in a better home.

And I LOVE your shirt! :cool:

3. Karen

Karen Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

What a lovely story. She's one of the lucky ones that found a good caring person.

faislaq likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Me too!

5. Princessbella

Princessbella Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Theresa
    It is a happy ending. What a cutie! And I also love your shirt!

faislaq and Sarahmoluccan like this.
  6. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Wonderful photo and great story.
    Like the t-shirt!!

Zara and faislaq like this.
  7. AmyJas

AmyJas Walking the driveway

Amy
    Love the story and the picture. As a child, I met the sweetest Umbrella Cockatoo named Penelope at a local pet store who was formerly abused. Cockatoos have held a special place in my heart ever since. My goal is to own at least a small cockatoo species eventually (such as a Goffin's, Ducorps, or Galah), but they are not suited to my current home or lifestyle. Though as a new cockatiel owner, I can see now how cockatiels are certainly related to cockatoos in their sweet, affectionate, sometimes temperamental nature.

faislaq and Sarahmoluccan like this.
  8. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award SUPER HERO

Karen
    Welcome! What a beautiful lady you've met there. :xflove: I'm glad she's found a loving home.

Zara and parrotlover101 like this.
  9. Tara81

Tara81 Rollerblading along the road

Tara
    wow shes beautiful ! It's amazing how forgiving they can be of humans sometimes. Love your shirt also :D

faislaq likes this.
  10. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Glad shes in a good home!

faislaq likes this.
  11. Farlie

Farlie Rollerblading along the road

Rick
    Love that shirt!

faislaq likes this.
  12. Dulli

Dulli Sitting on the front steps Avenue Veteran

Dave
    she's beautiful that's a nice story

faislaq likes this.
  13. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Your shirt and the cockatoo and you make a mighty fine photo.

faislaq likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)