• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A painting of the The Whole flock or each parrot idividually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As a gift to me, my SO is hiring an artist to create a painting or paintings of my parrots to hang in our home. She works strictly with oil paints.

I am wondering whether to have painting of each single parrot or one large one of the whole flock?

I like the idea of all of them together, however I definitely would not be able to take a photo of all of them perched side by side and behaving themselves.:huh:

Any ideas? Is this a photoshop situation?:huh:

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
I think it would be a great idea to have the whole flock together in the painting, however, since they can't be pictured together you'd definitely might want to get them photoshopped into a pic together. Or if the artist is willing to use her creative "powers" you can take a pic of each individual bird and she can paint them into a picture together? Just a thought. =)

Sounds like a fantastic gift though!! I would love to have some one gift me a painting of Iggy!! haha

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you Amy. So you say flock too? I was a bit stunned when he talked to me about it but of course very touched as well.:) It will be my first painting of my parrots. I'd really like the painting to be as true to reality and as simple as possible.

No trims, florals or decorations of any sorts..:D

I think I will leave the photo taking to a college friend who happens to be a professional protographer too.:)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I've been slowly getting portraits done of my parrots by a local artist. I like the idea of having one of each but because of their numbers, it's an ongoing thing :)

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Saemma,
Personally, you could photoshop the images together, or you could do what is called a triptic. Have him paint each image on a canvas that gets mounted in a certain way so it goes together. :)

Ben

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
I'd take as many possible pictures in different poses so the artist has a lot to to use as reference. You could also maybe ask if the artist would be willing to do a few different line drawings so you can choose which one(s) you like most before they start any actual painting.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've been slowly getting portraits done of my parrots by a local artist. I like the idea of having one of each but because of their numbers, it's an ongoing thing :)
I'm sure they must all look spectacular in your home. :)

Saemma,
Personally, you could photoshop the images together, or you could do what is called a triptic. Have him paint each image on a canvas that gets mounted in a certain way so it goes together. :)
I'd take as many possible pictures in different poses so the artist has a lot to to use as reference. You could also maybe ask if the artist would be willing to do a few different line drawings so you can choose which one(s) you like most before they start any actual painting.
Thank you very much for the VERY neat ideas!

One thing that I would like to have one day is alot of photographs of Emma in black and white. Or actually one HUGE beautiful one.:D

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How sweet of your hubby! I agree that you should do the flock together. Anna did an awesome pic of a friends 3 birds. It is so unbelievable! I can't wait to see yours!

Last edited:

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Photoshopping three pics of the birds together for a reference is definitely doable. *Points to sig.* I can do it for you if you want.

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
That is such a greata idea!!!!

How about both? Would they be willing to paint them all together and individually too or is that too much to ask?? That's a hard question. If it were me I would like for them to be together but like you said how do you get them all together and behave?? Hmmmmm You'll just have to have them painted together and individually.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I think a flock painting would be beautiful!

Please post a pic of the finished product! What a lovely and thoughtful gift :heart:

ParrotsforKeeps

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Meg
That is so sweet of him! I know you will treasure whatever you have done, that is such a special gift.

I think, actually, that I would prefer individuals, or perhaps one with all three on the same canvas but painted individually and separate from each other. I am a little funny but I would not really like have birds painted together that did not get along :confused: I am not sure why, just a me quirk, I guess!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you, thank you everyone! You guys all have such great suggestions. I think I do like the idea of 3 separate canvases that come together to form global whole of their dynamic. I will share as soon as I have figured out what to do..:) and of course of the finished product too.

Thank goodness I don't have to pay for any of this..:lol:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
This sounds like it will be beautiful! I can't wait to see. What a nice thoughtful thing for hubby to do.:heart:

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
That is going to be beautiful, your hubby is a sweetie :D

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Why don't you ask the artist for some ideas? Unless s/ he's going to trace a photo & paint it, s/he shouldn't be left out of the decision-making process, & they might come up with a wonderful idea. The final decision, of course, would be yours.:)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, that's awesome! Very sweet of your SO too, can't wait to see pictures!:D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
oooh this is going to be gorgeous whichever way you choose!!! :cheer: Can't wait to see it!

QP4CAG

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
Would you plz ask your husband to contact my SO, and tell her how thoughtful it would be as gift to the best thing that has ever happened to her girl:highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.