• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures A new challenge

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
we dragged BScoot’s outside stand in. He is enjoying it. Soon as JoJo comes out he is going to make a beeline for it. It’s expected. A lot of drama will happen. I want to give BScoot this expanded play space but need to keep both birds safe, and Rudy too who can get trampled since he hangs out on the floor. Should I cover it while JoJo is out for the evening? He is busy eating a caged dinner in Rudy’s cage.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Soon as JoJo comes out he is going to make a beeline for it.
How about doing some trick training when he gets interested in "stealing" B.S place?
And then play with another stand to get him interested in that. Perhaps add a new funny toy their too.
If that is not working I would prefer to cover it so all can be out at same time without fighting. :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
How about doing some trick training when he gets interested in "stealing" B.S place?
And then play with another stand to get him interested in that. Perhaps add a new funny toy their too.
If that is not working I would prefer to cover it so all can be out at same time without fighting. :)

Thanks Anette. So far he’s ignoring it, it’s an old familiar stand, just not indoors. I’ll trick train him in a bit after he finishes his sweet chili pepper.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Tonight after he was done eating and playing and training he got bored and attacked BScoot on his new tree. No one got injured because I got him away in time. I had been keeping an eye on him but bent down to givve Rudy his vitamins. That’s when JoJo flew over.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm glad no one was hurt!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I hung sheer curtains around Itsy's play stand a few years ago to stop her from attacking Darwin. She can still get out and uses Tiki's stand for access but she can't do the beeline to Darwin like she used to.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I hung sheer curtains around Itsy's play stand a few years ago to stop her from attacking Darwin. She can still get out and uses Tiki's stand for access but she can't do the beeline to Darwin like she used to.
Smart! :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
hey Jennifer, coould i pretty please have a pic of how you hung the curtains? thank you sooo much!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
hey Jennifer, coould i pretty please have a pic of how you hung the curtains? thank you sooo much!

Will get pix tomorrow. It's not pretty. ;) Her stand is in the corner by the patio door so it is 2 curtains at a right angle, hung on curtain rods from the ceiling.

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Here is Itsy’s corner. Her play stand is behind the curtains although she spends a lot of time on Tiki’s stand, on the little kitchen cage, in the living room window and on Tiki’s java stand that I haven’t set up yet.
FF829E77-0B36-4BC1-B4F5-38D54C093591.jpeg
I only hung one hook at the intersection as they were in the way of each other (poor planning on my part) so one rod just rests on the other.
3C69239A-1A2B-48B8-840A-73631E28A584.jpeg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
So when Itsy is out on the other places outside the curtains, she’s not a threat to Darwin? I think BScoot would not be happy behind the curtains but I won’t know until I try it. In the meantime I’m trying to keep JoJo busy. Thank you for the photos!

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
So when Itsy is out on the other places outside the curtains, she’s not a threat to Darwin? I think BScoot would not be happy behind the curtains but I won’t know until I try it. In the meantime I’m trying to keep JoJo busy. Thank you for the photos!

If she's in the living room, no. Mostly if Darwin or Quack is on me. I try to block her then she gets put in her "safe" cage for awhile. She's in there a lot anyway, eating, napping. She has 3 eating stations in the kitchen. :rolleyes:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
You could just curtain the one side between JoJo and BScoot to deter the divebomb. Then BScoot can still see out the sides.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
JoJo is caged now. After surfing wet washcloths and chewing up balsa he flew to BScoot who is now 99% hanging out on the tree and attacked him. No injuries just a hysterical me sprinting over to the rescue. the computer room is far away from the birdroom or my oh would come running to see what all the commotion is about!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
You could just curtain the one side between JoJo and BScoot to deter the divebomb. Then BScoot can still see out the sides.
He attacks from the two possible sides. I’ll seriously consider the curtains. To enclose him, his space is about 6x10