• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video A Grieving Parrot (sad video)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Milton was a different bird the first two years he was with us...quiet, unassuming, and very fearful of anything new in his world...definitely un-'toolike behavior.
When his heart had healed, he made the "leap of faith", as I always call it, to trust again. That's when Milty "became" the Milty we see today...happy and full of life. :)

As for what happens when we visit, it is bittersweet for us to see...the residents don't know Milty's history, so they just think he's very friendly...it gladdens the hearts of all...Milton's...the residents... and us...:heart:

I guess it's similar to humans losing the loves of their lives after many years of being together. I am so very glad Milty made that leap of faith!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
When my Grandfather was in hospice care, we took my Sheltie with us during our visits. Jasmine loved visiting the people. We would go room to room, ask if they would like to pet her... Jasmine would hop up on to their bed and sit in their lap. She was a very smart girl and I think she knew who needed to be comforted and who needed a smile.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month

I guess it's similar to humans losing the loves of their lives after many years of being together. I am so very glad Milty made that leap of faith!
What she said! :)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Poor birdy :cry3:

Coldbreeze

Real Name
Alana
:sad10:Oh my god! First, I wish to thank you for giving both of them their good bye time. I work in a nursing home and sadly 70% of the residents die alone in their room. So knowing you and that beautiful grey were by her side shows a lot.

I am so happy that the lady got the strength to utter her love to the bird one final time. That end part has me TEARS. Like snot and all and my cat is just staring at me like I'm crazy :crycry2::sorrow:

So sorry for your loss. :(

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
I'm crying.

When my mother died around 11am, all of my birds flew to her room, some skipping breakfast. She and Chloe, PGCC, grew quite close. The last thing she saw was Chloe trying to kiss her.

It's hard on animals to lose any loved one. All of us know grief, but I've often wondered what a bird thinks. I've seen grieving birds and wondered how they lived sometimes. What lessons can I learn from them?