1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Good- Toxic to Dogs list-Some rather surprising

Discussion in 'Bark Park' started by ncGreyBirdLady, 7/3/11.

1. ncGreyBirdLady

ncGreyBirdLady They call Me crazy like its a bad thing! Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran BINGO BABY!!!

Bonnie
  2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Thank you for sharing the link!

Matt

3. Annamacaw

Annamacaw Rescue Rep Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Dianne
    This is excellent... thank you for posting it!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

4. GG.

GG. Enjoy the small things Administrator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

GG
    Thanks for the info Bonnie :)

5. BridgeBrusselsGriffon

BridgeBrusselsGriffon Sitting on the front steps

That's great info. We should all get a list and post it in our fridge for us not to forget. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. greymatron

greymatron Rollerblading along the road

Nicole
    I find this very interesting..Especially the Milk, Dairy, Raw eggs and Garlic..Only because a lot of people recommend giving dairy, such as yogurt to dogs. Or raw eggs, ironically they say it helps the skin and coat, where as this article says it causes harm. Then for the garlic, there are so many garlic products. Not to mention the Japanese did a study on garlic and you have to shove it down their throat for it to become toxic, because they stop eating it long before it adversely effects them.

7. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

carole
  8. Welshanne

Welshanne Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Ann Burdett
    Always worth refreshing the old memory as I know myself I tend to forget these days a lot. Thanks for sharing. :hug8:

1 person likes this.
  9. Callista15

Callista15 Sprinting down the street

Callista(Cally)
    Thanks for sharing. Great list. A lot of them don't include onions. BTW, I think that bell peppers are something that could be toxic in large amounts. My Italian greyhound(small greyhound-like dog breed), Clover, has a weird obsession with bell peppers. One night my mom gave her a lot more than usual(say, half a normal-sized pepper), and went to bed. Clover started acting like she was dying, in extreme distress. Mom rushed her into the E-vet, and it turns out it made her slightly sick. Mom got stuck with a large vet bill, and Clover got sentenced to a crate in the living room while mom sat up and watched her.

10. 1parakeet

1parakeet Jogging around the block

Jessyca
    Great link! Although I am skeptical about the dairy one. I've used cheese as a training treat for my dog for years and the only time he seems to GE sick is if he eats a lot of it too quickly and then runs around. =P And the dogs at my work (a doggy daycare) sometimes eat yogurt as a regular part of their meals. Maybe it isn't toxic to dogs, but it just has the potential to upset their stomachs? Either way, a good read. =)

11. quazy4quakers

quazy4quakers Jogging around the block Shutterbugs' Best

Olivia
    Wow thanks! I knew you couldn't I've a dog grapes/raisins and such as chocolate…. But thanks! :)

12. Newbie GCC

Newbie GCC Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue

Heather
    Wow! The nuts one is scary. My dog loves cashews! He doesn't get them often, but when the birds are getting them as treats, he usually gets a couple, too. No more for him!

Laurah likes this.
  13. Karen

Karen Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

I share Cashews with my dog also. I didn't see Cashews on the list. What category are they under?

14. Newbie GCC

Newbie GCC Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue

Heather
    Click the one labeled macadamia nuts.

15. Karen

Newbie GCC likes this.
  16. Newbie GCC

Heather
    It doesn't specifically point at cashews, but does say "most nuts" and that is what concerned me. Thanks for the more detailed link! That eases my concerns a bunch and He still gets his cashews! I only buy the unsalted ones, anyway.

Karen likes this.
  17. greys4u

greys4u Rollerblading along the road

I believe Confederate Jasmin is a no no

18. Karen

He'll be happy! Mine only gets 1 or 2 from time to time. I don't think that amount would interfere with her overall nutritional needs.

Laurah and Newbie GCC like this.
  19. Horse Lady

Horse Lady Walking the driveway

Amber
    Thank you for the info

20. Laurah

Laurah Sprinting down the street

Lol My dog always sneaks over to the kitty's dish for leftovers. I will remember to pick it up. Thanks

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)