• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A foraging basket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
I filled 3 willow/vine baskets mostly with Avian Organics dry mixes, such as Cazuela, Cravings, Bolivian Bliss and some seeds. I used paper cups and kitchen towels to wrap every thing, I left some "packages" empty and some were filled.

I've placed all the baskets around their play areas and let them have fun. In the baskets, I've also placed some wood parts, bits and pieces of their toys, bagels, etc.

I think they liked them and that I need to buy more baskets

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It looks great! I really like how you wrapped the food!

Matt

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I used these baskets for my mine also.Tara chews through the handles so fast:lol:I'm always stalking up on them.Ringo seems to like them alot too.:)

thekacshclan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
i think JoJo would really like a basket :) thanks for the idea! ill have to go stalk the salvation army and find a good one to be pecked to pieces!

KenDRAGON

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kendra
I'm definitely going to try out tying food up in paper towels! such a good idea! i'm trying to get Pia to learn how to play and shredding some paper for treats sure seems like a good step forward to me! AWESOME idea.

copswife30

Real Name
Kathy
Now is a good time to find baskets with handles because of Easter coming up, not to mention peeps will throw out the old ones to make room for the new so thrift shops should have some now too ;)

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
How do you guys know if they're safe or not? I guess that's kind of silly, but I found some good baskets at the thrift store but was too paranoid to buy them :o: I really like this idea and I know my birds would enjoy it.

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
That's a great idea! :D I'll try it.

Sparkles

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
How do you guys know if they're safe or not? I guess that's kind of silly, but I found some good baskets at the thrift store but was too paranoid to buy them :o: I really like this idea and I know my birds would enjoy it.
there should be a note on the declaration of the product saying it's untreated

LovieLuvr

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
That's great!!! I have little "mini" baskets for Lilo and Stitch that I bought from MSBS :D Stitch likes to chew everything inside, while Lilo likes to shred the basket :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.