• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Few Surprises

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Petey surprised me twice today. I was cleaning the birds cages when I heard a weird noise; it was identical to fingers snapping. I looked around, wondering what it was. It was him, looking at me smugly. I thought he must have something in his beak but couldn't see anything.

A bit later, I heard another noise, like paper flapping. Well, that's what it was. Petey was dragging a whole sheet of cage paper, 24x30, up to his perch. He looked like a kid dragging a blanket!

Next, I get to vacuuming. Petey was dunking his head in his water, attempting to bathe even though he was already soaking wet from his bath. I know some birds like to bathe when they hear the vacuum, but I've never experienced it personally.

Finally, I cleaned out his carrier and broke it down for storage. I think it freaked him out, maybe thinking he was going for another car ride to end up somewhere else? He had Avery watery poop and wouldn't take a pine nut from me. :(

feathergirl

Walking the driveway
Petey surprised me twice today. I was cleaning the birds cages when I heard a weird noise; it was identical to fingers snapping. I looked around, wondering what it was. It was him, looking at me smugly. I thought he must have something in his beak but couldn't see anything.

A bit later, I heard another noise, like paper flapping. Well, that's what it was. Petey was dragging a whole sheet of cage paper, 24x30, up to his perch. He looked like a kid dragging a blanket!

Next, I get to vacuuming. Petey was dunking his head in his water, attempting to bathe even though he was already soaking wet from his bath. I know some birds like to bathe when they hear the vacuum, but I've never experienced it personally.

Finally, I cleaned out his carrier and broke it down for storage. I think it freaked him out, maybe thinking he was going for another car ride to end up somewhere else? He had Avery watery poop and wouldn't take a pine nut from me. :(
He will be alright once he realizes that you aren't sending him anywhere. The vacuum only slightly entices Olivia to take a bath but turn on the dishwasher and it is BATH time! Besides dad maybe he just felt like washing his face ;)

jen2016

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Sounds like you have an entertaining character emerging in your household! :)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
you can buy Paper log rollers for fireplaces I wonder if those was work for toys for Mac's??

Alan J.

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Alan Jardine
Alex will amuse himself for ages with a paper towl roll (used in South Africa in kitchens mostly - one sheet at a time is pulled off to dry hands). I put new ones out every second or third day for him - normally pushed over the end of a branch.