• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A day in the life of Elvis- well morning

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I was very surprised the first time I saw Keno do this. I had her downstairs with me and the next moment she was gone. I went to look for her and she was half way up the stairs. It amazed me that she went all the way upstairs easily and quickly since she had never done it before.
What kind of friend would you get for Elvis? Another 'too?
Elvis now hops the whole way up and down. And he's super fast. It's pretty amazing. If we got another bird, I don't think it would be a 'too. I don't know if I could handle 2 or them! Elvis seems to like conures but I would definitely foster a bird to see how it went before we officially brought in another.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Adorable! If you get another bird, maybe a grey would be a good fit. Tuchis TAG and Kishka RB2 are pretty good friends!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Adorable! If you get another bird, maybe a grey would be a good fit. Tuchis TAG and Kishka RB2 are pretty good friends!
That's good to know. I'm hoping to set up a play date with @BirdGuy21 's Harley. I hadn't thought about getting a Grey but that would be a good test run.

I do wonder though if Elvis will share the spotlight with any bird. LOL. He's a bit of an attention hog. And then telling the fiancé we need another bird is another story.....

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I tried to talk you into cheekies...:rofl:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
That's good to know. I'm hoping to set up a play date with @BirdGuy21 's Harley. I hadn't thought about getting a Grey but that would be a good test run.

I do wonder though if Elvis will share the spotlight with any bird. LOL. He's a bit of an attention hog. And then telling the fiancé we need another bird is another story.....
Perhaps Howie would fall in love with the new birdie!:) I went shopping for a grey who would specifically love Jon since all our current ones don't like him...we ended up with Smokey who adores him. That was before we got the Munchkins, Seymour and Chevey. They are both sweet birds and all he had to do was offer up food to them and Chevey took to him but Seymour is still out...he's attacked Jon a couple of times but food helps. Seymour is literally in love with me so that doesn't help. Birds are funny creatures. Iris BFA is totally in love with Jon...she will drop Amarillo DYHA in a red hot second to go be with Jon!:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I tried to talk you into cheekies...:rofl:
I know. And I always really appreciated that. It was just too soon though, and then the fiancé decided he wanted a 'too. Who knows. Maybe some of your cheekies will still be in our future.... :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Perhaps Howie would fall in love with the new birdie!:) I went shopping for a grey who would specifically love Jon since all our current ones don't like him...we ended up with Smokey who adores him. That was before we got the Munchkins, Seymour and Chevey. They are both sweet birds and all he had to do was offer up food to them and Chevey took to him but Seymour is still out...he's attacked Jon a couple of times but food helps. Seymour is literally in love with me so that doesn't help. Birds are funny creatures. Iris BFA is totally in love with Jon...she will drop Amarillo DYHA in a red hot second to go be with Jon!:)
Birds. You just never know. Elvis initially loved Howie. I think he still does actually. That's why the bites are so confusing to me still. Maybe Jon and Howie can form a support group. :) Howie takes it very personally when Elvis bites him. It makes me feel bad.

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake

We keep talking about it but need to set it up! I'm sure I can find another Goffin's for adoption for you ;).

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Elvis really took a shine for Buddy, our Conure...letting Buddy preen him and cooing at him. ;)

Buddy responded in kind...by building a nest...oh yes, Buddy is a boy...:D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
We keep talking about it but need to set it up! I'm sure I can find another Goffin's for adoption for you ;).
Yes we do.

I briefly thought about a second goffin and then realized how insane that was. Elvis keeps me running nonstop. A second goffin might kill me. LOL. Or it could calm Elvis down..... I don't know. Does anyone on here have 2 goffins?

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Yes we do.

I briefly thought about a second goffin and then realized how insane that was. Elvis keeps me running nonstop. A second goffin might kill me. LOL. Or it could calm Elvis down..... I don't know. Does anyone on here have 2 goffins?
Do you know Karrie from Natural Inspirations Parrot Cages? She's a huge proponent of flocking and may have some insights.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have met her. I don't really know her.