• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A day in the life of Elvis- well morning

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am still chuckling over my morning and sometimes wonder how we got here. LOL. So this was this morning. Elvis starts screaming at 5:45 a.m. I absolutely refuse to get up with him before 6:00. So at 6:01, I uncover him. While I'm uncovering him he's chatting- Hello, I love Elvis, Hi Elvis, Up? I let him out and he hops on me. We go to the couch for scratches and then he takes a nap. :rolleyes: (Because why should he sleep in his cage when he can just sleep on me.)

After his nap, he must fly throughout the house. Finds the one kitchen cabinet door that's not tied shut and opens it. I run to the kitchen and quickly turn on the ceiling fan because I realize I forgot to. And catch Elvis about to jump on the ceiling fan (he likes to chew it). I get his food/water ready for the day, and he smooshes his piece of pepper he was eating against my face and then flings it. :rolleyes: I then think he flies back into the living room. No- he's upstairs. His new favorite thing. We go back downstairs, he flies back up. Repeat this like 3 times. I start getting ready for work. He starts screaming because he can't see me. The fiancé is still sleeping. So I take Elvis in the bathroom with me. I have now mastered putting make-up on with a cockatoo on my shoulder.

We go back downstairs. He flies away. And then I hear thuds. I run to the stairs to find Elvis happily hopping up and down the stairs. He's never done this before and is completely thrilled with it. So for the next 15 minutes. I sit at the bottom of the stairs. He hops up like 5 stairs, hops back down, hops on my shoulder, hops off, hops back up the stairs, etc. I am now running late for work. So I take him to the living room and because he can be so good when he wants to be, he goes right in his cage. And I wonder why I'm tired when I get to work.....

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:rofl:Never a dull moment with Elvis! I guess he will keep you young, since you have to be on your toes and fit as a fiddle to keep up with him. I don’t think you post enough videos or pictures of Elvis. I would love to see him hopping up and down the stairs!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:rofl:Never a dull moment with Elvis! I guess he will keep you young, since you have to be on your toes and fit as a fiddle to keep up with him. I don’t think you post enough videos or pictures of Elvis. I would love to see him hopping up and down the stairs!
I need to learn how to post videos here. I've never done it. And I have some funny ones of him- riding the ceiling fan, opening the cupboards, etc. He does definitely keep me on my toes. I just told Howie about the steps and he said lets buy a baby gate and let him hop up and down the stairs until he wears himself out. (I think he forgot that Elvis can fly over the gate. ;))

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Elvis is a very very busy boy. Keno hops all the way upstairs. She doesn't generally want to stay downstairs with me. She flies off the stand, goes to the stairs, hops her way up and then generally goes back into the bird room to visit Casey or bug the other birds. "Bugging" the other birds is NOT a good thing when it comes to Keno.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Elvis is a very very busy boy. Keno hops all the way upstairs. She doesn't generally want to stay downstairs with me. She flies off the stand, goes to the stairs, hops her way up and then generally goes back into the bird room to visit Casey or bug the other birds. "Bugging" the other birds is NOT a good thing when it comes to Keno.
Cute! Elvis hasn't hopped the whole way up yet. This was a new experience for him today. I am wondering if Elvis needs a friend....... although I don't know if the fiancé can handle a second bird....

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cute! Elvis hasn't hopped the whole way up yet. This was a new experience for him today. I am wondering if Elvis needs a friend....... although I don't know if the fiancé can handle a second bird....
I was very surprised the first time I saw Keno do this. I had her downstairs with me and the next moment she was gone. I went to look for her and she was half way up the stairs. It amazed me that she went all the way upstairs easily and quickly since she had never done it before.
What kind of friend would you get for Elvis? Another 'too?

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I have now mastered putting make-up on with a cockatoo on my shoulder.

Ha haaaa! This cracked me up so much. And the thought of him hopping up and down those stairs showing off is a priceless picture. :heart:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I run to the kitchen and quickly turn on the ceiling fan because I realize I forgot to
Did you mean - turn OFF the ceiling fan? I call my fans 'bird killers'... Lucy used to LOVE my ceiling fan in my old house, and she played on it like a carousel. Thank God it was never on though.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What a cute peek into your morning life with Elvis! He sounds adorbs!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I need to learn how to post videos here. I've never done it. And I have some funny ones of him- riding the ceiling fan, opening the cupboards, etc. He does definitely keep me on my toes. I just told Howie about the steps and he said lets buy a baby gate and let him hop up and down the stairs until he wears himself out. (I think he forgot that Elvis can fly over the gate. ;))
I'd be interested in learning how to posts videos, too!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I just kept reading tutorials on how to post vids to youtube... I think I had to do what is called 'create a channel'... (I'm not even sure what that is/was) but I guess I did it, and now my name reads differently on google... (read: I don't even know who I am anymore LOL) Here is what I found online:
  1. Activate the phone's Wi-Fi. The best way to upload a video is to turn on the Wi-Fi connection. ...
  2. From the Apps Menu screen, choose the Gallery app.
  3. View the video you want to upload. ...
  4. Touch the Share button, and choose YouTube from the menu.
  5. Fill in the blanks to describe the video. ...
  6. Touch the Upload button.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Sounds like a very busy fun start to the day.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That sounds like an interesting and busy morning, how do you find time for work? LOL. Elvis adventures are so much fun to read.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Loved the make-up part! My first tiel, Sunny would also sit on my shoulder while I was getting ready for work and putting on my make-up. As I applied my blush, his head would slowly bob in a swaying motion as he watched me apply the blush. And he was a "hopper" also.

Maybe the second bird can be more easy going - like a tiel? :D

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Thank you for sharing your morning with us! Made us laugh!

I’m glad your mornings are as busy as ours! I suppose its typical for a fid and Parront! I can’t even go to the toilet without Pilo flying to my shoulder and planting kisses in my ear! :rofl:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
How come I'm not surprised by any of this? ;) :rofl:

I don't think you need to bring any more birds into your home... Elvis is perfectly happy being in charge of the humans in his house, already....;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Did you mean - turn OFF the ceiling fan? I call my fans 'bird killers'... Lucy used to LOVE my ceiling fan in my old house, and she played on it like a carousel. Thank God it was never on though.
No, I did mean turn it on. I know- ceiling fans/birds bad. Not in Elvis's case. Elvis likes to eat my ceiling fans. And the more I shoo him off the more determined he is to sit on them and chew them. So, the answer- when Elvis is out, all ceiling fans must be on. We keep them on low. They turn very slowly but it's enough to deter him from going on them and he's smart enough not to fly into them. Although even if he did, I don't think he would really get hurt, they turn very slowly.