• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Christmas day treat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polytelismedia

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Don Kimball
Went for a walk with a friend and the dog in ranch country in Colusa County Northern California. What a treat! I walked near an oak grove and there was a beautiful Lewis' Woodpecker there! Sure made my holiday as I had only seen one of those before in my life!

KatherinesBirds

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
I grew up in the Bay Area. Loved the Oakland hills back in the 50's. All those beautiful trees. Went for long, long hikes with my mom and dad and loved them all. Mom would have been 100 yrs. old this May. She knew all the wild birds and wildflowers we would see along the trails. Miss that time in Northern California.
katherine

Polytelismedia

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Don Kimball
Katherine this was in Colusa County at a place called East Park Resevoir near the town of Stoneyford. Gorgeous open ranch country bordering on Mendocino State Forest. Although in this area its not so much forest as rocky scrub and gorgeous rocky outcrops. You can see snow on some of the mountain caps.
Here is a pic of this beautiful little woodpecker from the Sierras and Canada but which over winters in oak forests further south.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
lovely birdie..how nice to see you posting.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds like agreat time:) I love going exploring with an older friend.She knows all the different trees,vegetation and hisotry here on the island.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Sounds like you had fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.