• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A broken blood feather

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacey101

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Stacey
This is the result of a night fright.
I was watching tv in the living room at 12:00 am last night when I heard fluttering and screaming came in to see a blood bath. Blood was all over the paper - walls - floor...and Chibi-Chibi.

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the flour and covered his wing in it ( Mind you I was sleepy so I wasnt really in the mood to tie it in a bow if you catch my drift ) while he screamed. Poor baby

Cleaned up the mess this morning..vacumed the flour (
) and heres the results ...

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 56KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 42KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 52KB.

my bad dirty finger nail just got off work
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 45KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 49KB.

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:hug8: Night frights are scary, I'm glad Chibi Chibi is alright! :hug8:

ArloDuncan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Steve
Hi Stacy I hope he is doing ok today. He sure is a cute little one :)

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
Ouchie =[

Glad he's OK today!!

stacey101

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Stacey
:hug8: Night frights are scary, I'm glad Chibi Chibi is alright! :hug8:
They are :( Im always afride they'll break a wing , thanks :o:

Hi Stacy I hope he is doing ok today. He sure is a cute little one :)
He is doing great today :) Thanks !
-just a quick note that he woke up this morning and chose his pellets over the seed :p Yippie !

Ouchie =[

Glad he's OK today!!
Thanks for your concern, he is doing fab today like I stated above :)
I can defently tell he is sore today but fine.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
I'm no expert and have never had one of my birds break a blood feather so maybe those that are more experienced can comment, but I think that blood feather needs to be pulled. Its only going to continue to bother him in the state that its in. Does he seem to be favoring the wing or does it seem like it hurts?

I am glad that he is doing fine today.

stacey101

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Stacey
I'm no expert and have never had one of my birds break a blood feather so maybe those that are more experienced can comment, but I think that blood feather needs to be pulled. Its only going to continue to bother him in the state that its in. Does he seem to be favoring the wing or does it seem like it hurts?

I am glad that he is doing fine today.
He is fine today besides the sorness this morning.
Its not the first time for this :o: If it was continuing to bleed or stuck off ( like to the side or in an awkward position ) being uncomfortable then i would pluck it , but its pretty stuck in where its suppose to be. :D Should be fine.

jasminlana

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Aww this happened to Ella the other day while we were outside. I have no idea how she broke it--tail feather--one of the four that were extracted by vet and just started to grow in. We were outside and I had a blankie around her -- it was a warm day here in NJ but maybe it was my fault, holding her under the blanket too snug. Anyway, I saw blood and saw the feather leaning to the side awkwardly but she reached around and plucked it out, just that one--so then it stopped bleeding and all was fine.

Glad your baby is okay now.

LemonGrass

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:hugs to chibi chibi! :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
poor little dude..:hug8:

Tiger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tiger
I'm no expert and have never had one of my birds break a blood feather so maybe those that are more experienced can comment, but I think that blood feather needs to be pulled. Its only going to continue to bother him in the state that its in.

As long as the bleeding has stopped theres no need to pluck the feather for him. All three of my fids have broken a blood feather at one time or another. As long as the bleeding stopped he is fine. If this feather continues to bother him he will remove the feather himself. Thats all there is to it! Im glad hes ok!

Anneka

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I am glad he is OK, Stacey. Did he injure one or two feathers? Looks like two to me: one still growing and the other that was clipped.
It only happened once to my budgies and I did pull that feather out.

Good detailed pics and esp. well visible injury because his feathers are white.

Status
Not open for further replies.