• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A brief Milton observation on Elvis...

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Most of my hair loss was caused by being a goalie on hockey teams that had putrid defenceman...too many breakaways, 2 on 1s, 3 on 1s.....

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Most of my hair loss was caused by being a goalie on hockey teams that had putrid defenceman...too many breakaways, 2 on 1s, 3 on 1s.....
My 6 year old grandson is aiming to become a goalie. It's miserably cold just to watch his games and now I'll have that thought in the back of my head.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I believe that some birds are "hard wired" to dislike rodents because of the rodent's tendency to be predators of the bird's nests...not that our piggies would do that.

Our birds are jealous of the pigs...;)
Just the thought of a piggy trying to climb a tree to get to a nest made me smile ...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My 6 year old grandson is aiming to become a goalie. It's miserably cold just to watch his games and now I'll have that thought in the back of my head.
Kids who want to be goalies are few and far between..and if a youngster has an interest in playing the position, you really know that it's meant to be. :) I grew up in an era of "everybody loves to score...only kids who can't skate play goal."

It's the only position I ever wanted to play...I see old videos of of us playing...30 odd years ago. I did full splits...on ice and playing dek (floor) hockey. (much harder to do)

When I see the videos, my knees tell me, "You used to do that....suuuuure you did"...:rofl::rofl:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Kids who want to be goalies are few and far between..and if a youngster has an interest in playing the position, you really know that it's meant to be. :) I grew up in an era of "everybody loves to score...only kids who can't skate play goal."

It's the only position I ever wanted to play...I see old videos of of us playing...30 odd years ago. I did full splits...on ice and playing dek (floor) hockey. (much harder to do)

When I see the videos, my knees tell me, "You used to do that....suuuuure you did"...:rofl::rofl:
From the industrial league slow pitch softball catcher (because I couldn't bat or run to save my life) but I loved playing rounders as a kid, I get it. I had fun and I helped win several games because I made them pitch to me and was most often walked to first base. Or I bunted ... yeah, my knees and back don't believe I did that either.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Do I DARE ask what they would do if you allowed them out before they stopped screaming? :nervous::scared4:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Do I DARE ask what they would do if you allowed them out before they stopped screaming? :nervous::scared4:
...well, one of us would have to be in each of their rooms...you can't have a 'too unsupervised in a room alone....and they wouldn't be in the same room uncaged...again, because one bird is flighted (Elvis) and Milty isn't...not an even situation by any means...;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
From the industrial league slow pitch softball catcher (because I couldn't bat or run to save my life) but I loved playing rounders as a kid, I get it. I had fun and I helped win several games because I made them pitch to me and was most often walked to first base. Or I bunted ... yeah, my knees and back don't believe I did that either.
I spent my last few active years on a slow pitch softball team...I played "deep bench". I got pressed into service when we needed an extra body because of people's work schedules, etc.

We had a very good team...we got invited to play in national tournaments in the midwest...