• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A bit worried about my lovebird

Zazuthelovbird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Selena
Hey guys, so I'm kind of worried about my 6 month old lovebird Zazu, she's going through her first molt and it's been going on for a few weeks. Then today, she was playing outside of her cage and then all of a sudden she flew back to her cage and started to kind of like twitch her left wing and try to stretch it in someway a couple of times. I thought she was just stretching but she kept doing it for almost 20 seconds. Keep in mind that she is still active, alert, and eating a bit (since they dont eat a lot during their molt). I then checked and pulled out her left wing gently, she was squirming a bit, and then I noticed a small pin feather that seemed to be growing on the inner corner of her wing and I thought that was the reason. I would go to the vet but all of the vets near me don't take in parrots and the only vet that i found that actually takes in parrots was almost 30 minutes away. (My parents would not want to take me there and back everytime) Please help guys!! :sad7::sad9:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's possible that she has a wing feather growing in that is bothering her. I would offer her a bath to see if it helps, otherwise she should sort it out in the next couple of days on her own.

30 minutes is actually pretty close considering! I have to drive 1.5 hours to see my current vet one way, and the next closest is 45 minutes lol.

Zazuthelovbird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Selena
@Mizzely omg thank you sooo much for your reply! I have been giving her warm baths as well so I'll continue to do so! When I saw your reply, it put me in relief! Thank you and wow that sure is a long time to get to your vet!:eek: