• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures A baby at the pet store

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Interesting possibility. That also means he's not part of their floorplan & can be moved against a wall at least. We can make that happen. I believe our members are crafty enough to be very convincing.
This particular Petland doesn't actually seem to have wall space available, but at the VERY least they can move him somewhere with a bit less foot traffic and cover the back and sides of his cage so he can get away from people harassing him. I'll see what I can do.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I forgot to add, but this kid is eating GARBAGE. Bowl full of peanuts, finch seed, sunflower seeds, basically nothing of any significant nutritional value. I actually bought a bag of Zupreem naturals (the best option they have in the store), and asked the cashier to give it to him. I didn't leave until I saw someone empty his dish and put the pellets in instead.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh, I'll bet he loved those! :pinklol3: You're an angel!

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Poor baby, that's heartbreaking. I'm glad that you were able to give him something good to eat. If he was brought in, is he on consignment? (I hate to use that word for a living being but I can't think of another) That might help explain his price?

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
AA rules about fundraising:
"Any member desiring to announce a fundraiser of any kind on the board must first notify a Mod, SMod or Admin.

No fundraiser or donation requests will be permitted on the board without prior approval. Most requests WILL BE DECLINED."

http://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?threads/fundraising-please-read.203628/

Evidently a member once pulled a fast one on everybody here :( so the news policy is in place for our protection.

I do wish this poor baby was out of there though, especially if they really won't be replacing him. I worry that if they are able to sell him that they will feel large buys l birds are lucrative and start selling them regularly. That's why I figure we could petition the heck out of them to improve his conditions while he's not part of the corporate floorplan.

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe we can go down the petition route?

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Wouldn't we need to let the store know our request and intentions? Tell them why his cage needs to be moved & if it's not done than we would escalate that to corporate. Then if it's still not moved that we plan to launch a very public petition that will gain a lot of negative publicity, angry calls and public pressure?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
HE'S GONE!!! :starshower:

Oh, I so hope he found an amazing new home! He so deserves it!

Of course, now his cage is occupied again, this time by three beautiful baby greys.

20190524_134015.jpg 20190524_134018.jpg 20190524_134021.jpg