• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

50% chance...

Scorch

Strolling the yard
Hey guys... Recently my brothers (who live abroad) got 2 adorable kittens. One is a beautiful ginger (male) and another is patched grey and white (female). They called the male Simba and originally wanted to call the female Dusty because she looks like she is covered in dust but then decided to call her Nala. They are extremely adorable and gentle. Unfortunately Simba fell ill, the vet diagnosed him with feline herpes and said that he has 50% chance to survive. I feel terrible as he is so young and a precious little cutie. I don't understand what feline herpes really is so if any of can explain it would be very appreciated. Also any advice on what to do will be extremely useful, thanks. I don't live with them but I still feel really sorry for little Simba.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Poor baby! I really don't have anything to add about the disease as I really don't know much about it either. We'll be keeping mister Simba in our thoughts :sadhug2:

Scorch

Strolling the yard
Poor baby! I really don't have anything to add about the disease as I really don't know much about it eit
Thanks a lot, I'm searching online like a mad man, really want little Simba to survive this ordeal :(.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Never heard of it,,but sending prayers for little Simba..

Scorch

Strolling the yard
So sorry. I hope Simba will recover. Did the vet give you any medication?
https://pets.webmd.com/cats/feline-herpes-symptoms-treatment#1
I'm not sure, my brother didn't say... all my brother told me is that he believes Simba has feline herpes and that the vet says that he has a 50% chance of living. My mum suggests olive oil so I was wondering if olive oil is safe for cats... or if it can help, I know that for us, when we are ill, we usually take a spoon of olive oil and it 'detoxes' our body making us most of the time better. This works for when we have a stomach bug, sore throat etc

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Could have meant Feline Aids?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Could have meant Feline Aids?
I wonder that as well? We had a kitten found out in the middle of a farm with no one around her. Her mom had feline aids and we were concerned she'd have it as well but the test turned out to be a false positive; it was just residual from her Mother. Niblet was 100% ok. Well, not 100%... she's a bit nutty and has a bad attitude. :blink: