• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

5 meals

Dgh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dana
Today's special is an herb salad with sweet potatoes, coconut, and broccoli. Pumpkin balls entree made with oats, pellets, millet, chia seeds, mixed greens, red pepper flakes, and hot banana pepper. It is paired with refreshing cold water to drink. (pictured is my conures' meal; parrotlets is more propotinaly prepared) 0705191117.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That little pumpkin ball thing looks very interesting.

Dgh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dana
Easy peezy. All measurements are estimates except pumpkin. 1 can pumpkin puree could puree your own orange veggies or buy a can which I used. 1 tbls chia seeds, 1/2 cup finely chopped mixed greens, peppers of your own choosing and amounts. Sprinkle oats, pellets, mix repeat until chocolate chip cookie dough consistency or a little wetter (will dry a little in freezer). Roll desired amount into balls (then if you wish roll into nut or seeds of choice). Place on parchment lined pan and freeze 1-2 hrs or longer bag up and freezer until use. Put in fridge to thaw overnight before serving.
It is a Hit here!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Very nice!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Check the sodium in the canned pumpkin :) It isn't a popular canned option here so I am not sure what it is in your area, I am always cautious when it comes to canned items.

Overall super cute and lovely idea. You are a good parrotlet servant :p