• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

5 fids in North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooke12

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Hello, I took in a few birds fairly recently from poor situations. I intended on staying in my location for a few more years, but as many know, life can be unpredictable. I am again going to make a 2000 mile move and feel it’s best to find homes for a few of my babies.

Phoenix: Unknown sex, 3yr old yellow Kakariki Parrot. She’s the newest rescue and is very timid. Not hand tame and bites to protect her cage. She knows a few words and phrases. Wings are not clipped.

Amelia and Luna: Bourke Parakeets, unknown sex but I think Amelia is a male and Luna female. Both hatched this year, Amelia is a Rosey and Luna is a Lutino. Not hand tame but both are very sweet. They fly around the bird room and go back to their cage when ready.

Denver: Australian Cinnamon Peach Faced Lovebird, hatched July 25, DNA sexed male. Loves to fly around the bird room and be with all the other birds. Such a busy body. Loves playing in my hair and sitting on my head or shoulder. He will only step up if other birds are doing it but will fly to your head if you say come here.

Willow: female Budgie. She tiny compared to other Budgies at the store. She loves to play and is best friends with Denver. Her wings are clipped but she tries so hard to fly around with the other birds. Not super hand tame but will step up and has never bitten.

I need to find a home for Phoenix, Amelia, and Luna soon because I know they will not handle the trip well.
If Denver and Willow don’t find a home, I’ll take them with me, it’s just going to be a huge challenge taking 5 travel bird cages and 3 dogs on such a long move in the tiny seats of a uhaul lol.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thanks for helping these birds. I hope you can find new homes soon.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're beautiful birds.

Biohazard

Moving in

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for taking them in. It's too bad you can't take all of them with you but I hope you can find wonderful homes for them.

Brooke12

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
No. They are still available. The Kakariki Phoenix and Willow the Budgie did find new homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.