• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

4 new babies! <3

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
We got 4 new chicks today, :) here are some pics I took of them with my phone. the one in my hand is named Chia, the others we still have to find names for. They are inside in a rubbermade tote with holes drilled in the sides & will be inside for a month or so I think till they can go out with the rest of our chickens. :) am so happy- I love having pet chickens <3

Attachments

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
Oh my goodness, so much adorable fluffyness!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on them!

Matt

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
:highfive: So cute! Congrats congrats! My next door neighbour has chickens and they keep on coming into our backyard... :hehe: Such gorgeous chickies!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwww

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
So cute! Do the other chickens accept them readily?

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
So cute! Do the other chickens accept them readily?
:) if we put them out there now with them, they'd probably kill them because they are so small. & kind of, they can be very mean to new chickens so thats why we keep them inside for a month or so. we usually slowly introduce them, they stay in the coop overnight at first/for a few nights seperate from the other chickens so they get used to being in the coop because they do get scared :( & them we let them with the other chickens while watching them. They have to establish a pecking order too, but most of the time they are picked on for a while (here & there, not relentlessly or anything) (pecking order stuff) & then they accept them. We never put them out till they are pullets (pretty big) its always hard to put them out in the coop cause they are afraid cause they are used to being inside being cuddled & held. :)

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
More pics to come & maybe a video too if I can figure out how to post that from my phone. My camera does video too but I have no idea how to do it yet lol! Need to learn that this summer :)so be prepared to have a million pics posted, you might be sick of me soon lol! :rofl: :heart: :)