• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

3rd one in less then a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I'm sorry.. :hug8:

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
ok i,m posting this for another contact she has bought 3 birds from the same breeder and all 3 have died in like 2 months from purchase so here is what she says

Hello everyone.
It is with a heavy heart I write to you this morning. I'm on the verge of tears…again. So bare with me.

After having only been with me for 2 months, PJ, sadly has passed on.
The only difference being that at least this time I was there to hold him as he died.
I don't know if that's gonna make my grieving process any easier then the last time. But at least I had the sense to recognize what was happening and act as quickly as possible.

Symptoms include;
Listlessness,
Drooping wings
Half closed eyes
Tiny voice
Rapid breathing,
And weightloss so fast he'd put it in the record books.

I'm going to do research into my breeder's cage conditions. If there is any inbreeding happening, or something like that. Cause this is the 3rd bird I've lost in 2 years. All be it the IRN parrot's still alive but living elsewhere.

Any testing done on these birds when they are brought into the home? The birds need to be tested by an avian vet for disease. It could be so many different things including pbfd-where birds often die of secondary infections.

Status
Not open for further replies.