• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

368 days...

Tim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
That's how long it took for Diego to figure out an escape route from his cage. Fortunately he did it while I was in the room! Good thing I have zip ties on hand!

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I believe it took my IRN all of 3 days in her last cage to figure out how to open the side doors. Side doors are handy but aren't escape proof. It might only be a matter of time before Diego figures out how to pop the zip ties
:lol:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
:hehe: you know he is going to figure out his beak can cut through the zip ties...

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Fortunately he did it while I was in the room! Good thing I have zip ties on hand!
Thank god for that! :) (both)

Sj25

Strolling the yard
Took mine less and did it while I was at work.
Bye Bonsai tree ;) (was dying anyways)

Lucky for you!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Joey removed the nuts and bolts from the nesting box door and found his escape hatch.
:faint:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
HAH. I have one that opens his own cage door from the inside, then goes round to his neighbours and opens their nestbox inspection hatch from the outside, so that they can climb out that way and play together

Tim

Avenue Veteran
Having had a caique before, I already had all doors, feeder doors and nest box doors secured with quick links. He pushed the bottom tray out enough to create a gap big enough to push out the back of the cage. So, I set the configuration so that the grate is on top of the tray, as it should be, and he showed off by pushing the grate out and squeezing himself between the grate and the tray. So not the grate is ziptied in place. Fortunately he tends to do this stuff when we are watching because he likes to show off. He LOVES when he makes us laugh or applaud, so he's always looking for a new way to entertain us.

Heather F

What a clever little stinker!

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
LOL! What a clever little guy!

I forgot to lock an obscure side door I never use. Zeek found it, got out, unlocked the conure's cage and opened the door. The two of them threw toys out of the cages then walked clear across the house to my bedroom, where they found their night cages and tucked themselves in! THat's where I found them when I got home from work late at night.