• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

3-Ring Circus

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Had everyone out but Harry and Morgan. He wasn't feeling it, and she's hormonal. First, I had Daffy on the chair with me. She is still a bit anxious with other macaws out. She spent most of her chair time saying "step up", which she didn't truly mean. She doesn't seek out the others, but if someone gets in her face, she'll give them the bum's rush. While I'm interacting with her, Petey flips Harrison's pepper at me with uncanny accuracy.

Done with chair time, she loves to sit on the medium tabletop java stand and look out the windows. Imagine me carrying her and walking by the huge java, which was home to Petey and Annie. Petey is either jealous of Daff getting attention or has a crush on her, so he charges me in full display yelling "hi!", and trust me, it's a high pitched, girly-voiced yell. Meanwhile, Annie yells "hi, Daff!" before flying to my shoulder exuberantly.

Annie wrestles me, laying on her back for short periods before charging up my chest to play with a toy hanging from the java tree. She's sweet, cuddly, willful, and stubborn, all at the same time. In many ways, she's my sweetest bird right now.

Petey gets his time and demands scritches. He was a little salty tonight, as he's molting. I believe his rough patches are filling in. Fingers crossed. If they don't, no big deal. He's a good boy and has learned to crack nuts and play with some toys.

A little glimpse of the jungle in my living room. ;)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
What, no pix?! How are we supposed to feel sorry for you (and/or laugh at you)? ;)