• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

3 months Blue & Gold Update

Shorty's Grl

Moving in
Real Name
Montana
So Shorty is 11 1/2 weeks. Almost 3 months :bounce3:. He is getting way more active and polite. He used to make a bunch of noise while i got his food ready now he just plays around or follows me while i mix his formula. He loves his flight suit & is very patient while i put it on and even lifts his wings through the straps. He is getting better at Step Up on command but is super fine with me grabbing his feet and holding on to me. I think he likes his cage...i leave the door open and he will come to the door and sit there and wait he wants to come out.
I have a branch connected to the outside where he hangs out next to a plant i have inside that is bird friendly...he likes to chill under the leaves its soooo adorable :cloud9:! I also have a little pic perch with a ladder bridge. He doesn't really like the pvc perches which is weird because those are the first things we were using. He hangs out on the bridge and flaps and has been jumping off the ladder and his basket a lot! It makes me nervous and i put pillows down on the carpet sometimes.

I've been considering a play stand from exotic wood dreams but i haven't seen many reviews on the forum about them.
IMG_5358.JPG.jpeg IMG_5206.JPG.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He is adorable!

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Go shorty :DancingChilli:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love it itty bitty Mac head :swoon:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awww what a cutie. Shorty is trying to fledge. I would keep the area padded when he is out to prevent injury.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
OMG I miss my baby!!!!

So unbelievably stinking cute!!!

So young to be trying solid food but yay for you. My husband just told me "no more babies" "no more birds" and most importantly "no more BG's"!

He is just being ridiculous!

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Be still my heart, cuteness overload!:smileflower:

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
That little flight just melted my ❤

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
This is one lucky precious baby, this sweet thing is too cool for school! :swoon:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Thicken the formula to Apple sauce consistency :) Baby looks a whee bit behind in development.

Doing good mamas. Doing good.

Exotic wood dreams has a lot of positive responses from many here. They lost their password to their website years ago and cannot update the site but I have heard that they readily respond to phone calls.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Are these new pictures and how old is he? In these photos he looks to be about 7-8 weeks.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Cute cute cute :heart: Shorty is a lucky baby!
makes me think again about considering a baby B&G in the future..not too sure about the whole maturing thing though.

Shorty's Grl

Moving in
Real Name
Montana
Are these new pictures and how old is he? In these photos he looks to be about 7-8 weeks.
He i supposedly 3 months this week. I got him the day after Mother's Day & they said he was 5 1/2 weeks he looked more like 3 1/2 - 4 weeks then. I took him to a CAV as soon as i got him but they didn't say anything about me thinking he was a different age. I've started to thicken the formula, thaNks for that tip. He also was playing with some mash this afternoon after about 2 hours after his second feeding ...soooo adorable :hug8:

Shorty's Grl

Moving in
Real Name
Montana
Thicken the formula to Apple sauce consistency :) Baby looks a whee bit behind in development.

Doing good mamas. Doing good.

Exotic wood dreams has a lot of positive responses from many here. They lost their password to their website years ago and cannot update the site but I have heard that they readily respond to phone calls.

Thanks about Exotic Wood...i emailed & have been waiting like hmmm.... lol
I'll give them a call after the holiday...much appreciated :)