• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2nd Bite This Week

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hear you, and even though they love you they still bite. That's how Fred tells me he's aggravated. It's usually a good pinch. I got one last night and one this morning. Then I say OKAY I'M SORRY I WON'T DO IT AGAIN. Then he yells at me and we're good. Lol he always ends with yelling at me lol. Then I say I LOVE YOU. And he cuddles. :xflove:
Elvis usually gives kisses after a nip. I feel like it's him saying he's sorry....

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I've been wearing boots (like John suggested) to protect my feet. Lucy still attacks the boots but at least my feet are finally healing! Yesterday, she grabbed me by the hamstring and I was immobilized. Lucy would not let go! I finally grabbed some Kleenex and started dropping them on her until she released me. It was like she targeted my skin just above the heavy boot! I had been playing with them on the floor while watching a movie for over 2 hours but when I got up she grabbed me...HARD! I guess she doesn't allow bathroom breaks during play time! :( View attachment 289967
Ow! Sorry you got bit. The fiancé got a good one on the toe not long ago. Elvis doesn't go after my feet but he'll go after Howie's if he isn't wearing slippers.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Lucy attacks feet no matter what I wear. I'm thinking of ordering some hip waders!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Thank you! WillowNMurphy made it for me. Willow is an awesome artist...although Murphy probably had his beak in the effort too! ;)
Wow! Awesome

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
You would, right? LOL. Sometimes I feel like I'm monitoring TWO toddlers. ;)
That's so funny! Joe tries to scoot out of the way and Fred lunges, and sits there! Then Joe ends up calling for me to pick him up, and I do that while saying C'MON FRED, DADDYS BEING A GIRL! Every time! Then Fred has to bob and give his victory call! :rofl:
Funny thing is he has never actually bitten Joe's foot, but he loves the chase!
Freddy's a lot of fun. We enjoy every minute with him.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Joe's training is going great. Fred should have him completely trained by about 18 months. :lol:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Joe's training is going great. Fred should have him completely trained by about 18 months. :lol:
HAHAHA! I should have said I enjoy every minute with Fred! I don't think Joe gets the enjoyment I get when that little bird corners him against a wall or in a chair! LMAO! His beak may be small but he can give a heck of a pinch! But I noticed if he hears NO he stops cold. That was one of the first things he was taught.Glad it stuck!!