• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

20 year old female DYHA looking for new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
A friend of mine is looking to rehome female DYHA named Joey. She's about 20 and comes out of the PEAC program. She's very sweet and will go to anyone. Her parents are getting old and don't want to part with her but feel they are getting too old to care for her and want to find her a good home. They say she can get loud but is a joy to have around. They aren't asking any money for her but want to find a good home for her. She's in Ohio. I don't know how they feel about shipping, but I think I could probably help with some transportation for the right fit. I'm waiting for pictures and will post once I get them. If you're interested, let me know.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
What is the PEAC program?

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
double yellow headed Amazon
If you hover over the acronym it shows the full name. :)

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
I wish I was near Ohio. I'd love love to take her/him in. I have space and can afford the expense. I don't know if I would be okay with a bird being flown in cargo or something. I wish I could drive there but I checked and it was over 2700 miles. :crycry:

I don't mind driving but I can't leave my home for long periods of time and I'm kind of a shut in right now.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
PEAC is the Parrot Education and Adoption Center based in San Diego, CA and started in 1996. It has offshoots in other cities across the US. Joey was originally part of the Cleveland Center. I was contacted by a friend of the past director who is trying to place the bird. There is also a Galah and a Scarlet from another home but I don't have the details on those birds yet.

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Sounds like a wonderful bird. I hope she finds her new home soon.
double yellow headed Amazon
If you hover over the acronym it shows the full name. :)
I can't get the hover thing to work - I'm using my mobile (iPhone)

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I can't get the hover thing to work - I'm using my mobile (iPhone)

It may only work with a mouse. Doesn't work on my iPhone either. With my Samsung tablet it pops up but doesn't show the meaning.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I wish I was near Ohio. I'd love love to take her/him in. I have space and can afford the expense. I don't know if I would be okay with a bird being flown in cargo or something. I wish I could drive there but I checked and it was over 2700 miles. :crycry:

I don't mind driving but I can't leave my home for long periods of time and I'm kind of a shut in right now.
Maybe a roadie train could be set up to help with transportation ...

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne

she may be able to ship by air , My Bentley flew by air from Washington state

Last edited:

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Bentley was okay? I'm so paranoid since I read how United killed that parrot that was one of a kind. Then they ended up accidentally killing a couple of dogs. I trust you all on that part. I'm still going to worry about transport.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
A friend of mine is looking to rehome female DYHA named Joey. She's about 20 and comes out of the PEAC program. She's very sweet and will go to anyone. Her parents are getting old and don't want to part with her but feel they are getting too old to care for her and want to find her a good home. They say she can get loud but is a joy to have around. They aren't asking any money for her but want to find a good home for her. She's in Ohio. I don't know how they feel about shipping, but I think I could probably help with some transportation for the right fit. I'm waiting for pictures and will post once I get them. If you're interested, let me know.
This is tempting :angelic:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Bentley was okay? I'm so paranoid since I read how United killed that parrot that was one of a kind. Then they ended up accidentally killing a couple of dogs. I trust you all on that part. I'm still going to worry about transport.
Yes he was ok, I did worry though, My shih Tzu puppy's were flown in from Texas. and yes I worried about them as well. It is stressful for them and us. they are flown in a air controlled pressure controlled area. and are van driven to united petsafe building. Others often prefer a "Travel Nanny'' that takes them on board in a travel carry on .

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Lara Joseph lives in Ohio. I don't know if there is room in her flock or even if she would like another Amazon. She has a Blue Front female. Maybe she knows someone who would like a nice Amazon female. I sure would like her, but that desire would be shut down before I ask.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm not sure if they would ship or not but will ask. I've shipped a number of birds including all three of my pet Galahs and some of my Linnies from various parts of the country (Georgia, Texas, California) and have never had a problem. I also want to just throw in there that all my female Amazons are totally awesome! We absolutely cannot take in another bird though! Lol! I'll ask about shipping.

Bea

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Hello, I am in Ohio and very interested in the DYHA. I was also a member of the Cleveland branch of PEAC when it was still here. I have 4 African Greys, a linnie and room for one more special bird. Where about in Ohio? Thanks in advance!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope a wonderful new home can be found for the DYHA.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Wishing for a happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.