• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 Products we will discontinue ...

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I posted on my BLOG about this so please read it but I will say a little about it here ... back a year or two ago I was going to discontinue the Jolly Balls but didn't, this time I am for sure when I run out of stock. Come May 1st for what remaining Jolly Balls I will have on hand will not be offered with hardware/toy options, you'll only be able to buy the ball. I'll highly likely keep on making the toys for the Jolly Balls separately.

The manufacture could give two sh*ts about the bird industry because there are simply not enough sales for them on it. As it is now lately, the 10" ball has a thicker wall than it use to so my pear quick links don't open up quite large enough for the thickness of the ball. If I go to a larger quick link then it won't fit onto the chain. The 14" balls I have to cut out all five of the 5" holes on each ball, this is something that I use to not have to do, the manufacture did it. At this point in time, you won't find really anybody out there with 14" balls with the holes in them. So this seems unique for me to do but I don't want to carry on this task any longer nor do I want to have to pay someone to do it.

In my shop I think I have 6-8 of the 14" balls now, none with holes in them yet, once I get some cut open then I will put them back in stock. I need to take a day and mark out holes and cut them all out. The 6", 8" & 10" balls I do not have to cut holes, they are done by the manufacture.

The other products are my Grape Wood Gyms and Swing ... way too much problems in trying to get the right shape of grape wood. Being that grape wood is a one of a kind shaped wood, it varies so much and is such a challenge to get it to work out with it being balanced. Soon, I'll just be taking images of each one and put on the site on the decent grape wood. Some grape wood is hollowed out and just seems to be crappy and there is not good solid wood and way too many huge cracks so it just makes it hard to do anything with them.

Last edited:

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Oh! I'll have to see if I can nab one for the fids.

Reactions: Jan

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Can I somehow be put on a list for one of your last 14" jollyballs? I've always wanted one but never got a chance to order from you before.

Reactions: Jan

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Too bad....the grape wood perches and swings are great.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Should find a new wood other than grapevine. :)

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
As long as you don't quit making foot toys!!!

:faint:

I own 3 of Jan's jollyballs, 2 gyms and 2 swings and all are top quality. Get them while you can.

I did not realize you had 3 of them, lost track I reckon!! Thanks! :)

Oh! I'll have to see if I can nab one for the fids.
Yep if you want one, no hurry though I won't be out that soon... maybe. LOL!

Can I somehow be put on a list for one of your last 14" jollyballs? I've always wanted one but never got a chance to order from you before.

There is no time like the present but you can decide when I get the 14" back on the site, I'll post here later on about them being ready for purchase.

Too bad....the grape wood perches and swings are great.

Yah they are pretty neat, just wish I could of picked out my own wood. I don't even know if they'd let me and they are not open to the public, only by appointment and they'd probably not want me picking out their better prime pieces I bet. I'm really only about 35 miles from them.

Should find a new wood other than grapevine. :)

Yep, I need a wood that is not troublesome that's for sure! What could that be ... I've searched for stuff but not come across any that is not overly priced. I'm just going to give up on the grape wood.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Can't go wrong with Java Jan but let me do some searching. :)