• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures 2 female budgies need a flock home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nissili

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dakota

My two budgies, hazel (left) and lemon (right) are in need of a better home than I can provide them. They definitely need some other budgies around, which in my current new living situation I cannot offer, as well as more attention than I have the time to give them, as my job situation is not the same as it once was, and takes up too much of my time. They deserve lots of love and care and I would like to find them a home better suited for them, rather than make them sit around here and be unhappy.

———

Health things to note:
Miss lemon has a beak that overgrown. She chews her toys minimally and hardly uses their single sand perch to grind it down, so it requires trimmings. She’s not very hand tame and this does stress her, so please be warned, she punches and I find it best to minimize handling before and after this.

Hazel has given me reason to believe she needs to visit a vet for a possible respiratory issue, and I currently lack the funds to do so myself. If I’m able to before they find a home, I’ll take her myself, and will update the thread accordingly. Until then I just want to make sure anyone interested knows she needs this.

———

Things they come with:

Their cage, which is (I think) an older prevue flight cage. Dimensions are

A 5.5 gallon emergency tank, as well as the small heater for that and a small pillow bed and a thermometer gague for inside.

A small zipper carrier (ideal for short trips, smaller than a travel cage)

All their toys (too many to list) as well as their treats and food. They’re currently eating mainly Harrison’s high potency fine, but will also take rousybush and while zupreem is an option, I’d prefer they stay off the dyed stuff. Hazel really enjoys oat groats, it’s the only treat I’ve seen her go after actively. Lemon hasn’t seemed too interested in anything.

———

I haven’t gotten either of them to be more hand social yet, or try fresh foods, but I’m sure they’d take an interest watching another bird eat them.

I want both of them to go together, they’re fairly bonded as far as I can tell.

I haven’t seen them take interest in many toys, but again, I’m sure they would follow the lead of other budgies.

I’d really like them to go to a home with more budgies to interact with, but if someone has none yet I’m still more than willing to consider.

I cannot give the exact address I’m in at the moment, as it’s my parents home and they aren’t comfortable with their home being “out on the internet” and I respect that. I can say I live in the lake Oswego/near Portland area of Oregon, and would like to do a brief home visit to possible adopters just for the sake of ensuring the birds are going somewhere safe.

If you’re interested, please either respond to this thread, or you can contact me via my email (datastream26@gmail.com). If I can’t rehome them personally, I’ll look into reputable safe shelters or rescues, but I wanted to try here first as I know the folks here are typically some of the best with birds that I’ve met.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that you have to rehome them. Hope you are able to find them a wonderful new home.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope you find them a wonderful forever home.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Sorry you have to rehome them.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...again, these two little ones are just too far away...and I don't think an air flight would be a good thing for a bird with respiratory issues.

Hoping you find a great place for them to land soon...

Nissili

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dakota
I realize I forgot to post the cage dimensions - if I get a chance next time I’m at the home they’re in (I’m between two residences at the moment) I’ll get those numbers.

Thank you all for the support, I’ll do my best to find them someone who can take good care of them.

Nissili

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dakota
A local bird rescue has replied to me, I’ll most likely be responding to them in the next day or so to better fill them in on the situation with hazel and lemon to see if they have an appropriate foster home available for them. If they end up going there, I’ll update. Otherwise in the mean time I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a possible forever home.

Status
Not open for further replies.