• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

100 days

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those pics from your Birthday were great! I really want a Celltei carrier for Buddy.

Amazon.com: celltei pak-o-bird travel carriers

They don't have the one I'm thinking about putting on my Christmas list, on amazon yet. Buddys fascination w/ fabric I fear it would get torn by his beak. I like that celltei uses stainless steel mesh for the windows & door area. That being said, as long as she doesn't bite at it, I like doubletakes idea.

May I ask how many fids you have? Is it just Adelie or is it the three in your selfie. You seem to have a ton of experience & that's why I was asking. :cool:. I understand if you don't want to say.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
the three in your selfie
There are 5 in my profile selfie ;)

We have Sydeney, my love, my cuddler, the loner (that´s why I take him/her out), Then Jaime (Adelies dad), bought to be a friend (you know how that works out), then Aldora (Adelies mum) came to my home so I took her in, Then the blue babies, Lapis and Nube from a 2 chick clutch early august, and Finally Princess Adelie born Dec 22. I call Aldora, Jaime, Lapis and Nube The Blue team ;)

So 6 lovebirds, All Roseicollis.
My uncle has double that.

If you are on a computer, or turn your mobile sideways, you will see all my birds pop up in my signature below this message :)

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
What a lovely girl Adelie has grown into :fairy::heart2:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
2 days after I started feeding her, 7 days old weighing less than 2 g,
Screenshot_20190426_125604.jpg

3 days after I started feeding her,
Screenshot_20190426_125158.jpg

The other day,
Screenshot_20190426_125422_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Zara she is beautiful. What an amazing gift of life you gave. I look forward to many many years of continuous joy and happiness.
:starshower1::starshower:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Adelies weight before her second feeding was 46g.
After feeding 57g.

I feed her ´til she pulls back. She eats more or less the same amount every day, both morning and night.

At this point in time I´m just hoping she weans in time for Christmas... :blink::santacookie:

Turning over into day 122, Adelie was 18 weeks old today (saturday)

She has lost a little weight, so now,

43grams before food,
54grams after food.

I´m hoping she would wean a little quicker as I need to leave the country but it is what it is I suppose, I won´t force her :(

I wonder why she doesn´t refuse the formula... she must really enjoy it...

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
2 days after I started feeding her, 7 days old weighing less than 2 g,
View attachment 302363

3 days after I started feeding her,
View attachment 302364

The other day,
View attachment 302365

This was a gift!

You have to leave the country? I assume you're trying to wait until she can travel w/ you. Too much/many feeding(s) w/ the formula?

Your self piloting crew is beautiful hues of blue mixes w/ white. Poor Sydney must feel like odd man out! But that face on Jacob :omg:!!! You could get lost in the skin & fur squeezing & scratching those cheeks!

You have a beautiful flock & family!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I assume you're trying to wait until she can travel w/ you.
No. I want to leave her here. But I can´t leave her if she is not weaned.
I only want to go away for a few days to see my grandad as he is going blind. He was having injections in his eye but lost the vision, He is now having injections in the second, but says he knows he is losing his vision fast. I just want him to be able to see me before he can´t.
I´m also being put in the dilemma of, what if Adelie doesn´t wean before my grandad loses his vision.
The thought of that saddens me more than anything.

Sydney must feel like odd man out!
Actually Sydney fits in better than Adelie. Sydney flies with the flock, but they usually land on opposite curtains, so Sydney on one and the Blue team on the other. Adelie is not included in the blue team, they haven´t accepted her yet.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry to hear about your G'Pa. My G'Ma had macular degeneration & lost the majority of her sight before she passed. She got dementia before she passed so we're not sure how much she could actually see. It's so hard watching our loved ones go thru these situations. I hope you can visit soon! Thanks for sharing this w/ me.

Poor Adelie! Not being an accepted part of the flock must be difficult for her. Being the mini beak probably doesn't help to her either. When should she actually be weaned? Is it of their choosing? I really don't know much about baby fids. Other then their so ugly their cute!I

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sorry about your Grandma :(

When should she actually be weaned?
Lovebirds can start trying food at about 5-6 weeks old, they are usually weaned by 7-8

Is it of their choosing?
Some people do it by the book and force it, especially breeders that sell weaned birds.
But I am a firm believer in that the bird will wean when ready - and I think I lead by example.

Adelies siblings weaned at around 7 weeks old, in the first few days of Feb.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
She's so pretty! Does she have any blue on her? I can't tell, looks kind of pied mauve? I love mauve birds, they remind me of my "blue" cat.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Does she have any blue on her?
Yes, her rump is blue and her body has a blue hue, (I have to use the camera torch to take a pic where it shows) but also, she will start her first moult soon, I can actuaklly see her brow darkening. When I do the night feed and the sun has gone down I see her violet glow. She really is beautiful, in person even more so!

She isn´t pied, she is edged dilute ;)
Nube is the same, but a different colour. Both are impossible to see well on picture as their grey/white hue sends the contrast all skew wiff. When Nube was a chick he was the same as Adelie but he had an aqua glow and a pale rump. After the molt, you can see his whole body changed colour, so lost the grey/white, and those feathers were replaced with a super pale blue. The picture of Nube and Lapis on my signature was from just before the first moult, so their brows hadn´t set in yet.
So I am imagining that Adelie will do the same, but instead of the pale sky blue colour, it will be more of a violet hue. I´m excited to see her change.
I did try to take a pic of the two, but it´s impossible. One they don´t like each other, and two, the contrast is way off :(

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Nube now,
IMG_20190427_183252.jpg

As a baby, like Adélie almost,
Screenshot_20190429_151827_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

His rump, pale blue,
Screenshot_20190429_151808_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The two together, one always darkens or lighten the other on pictures... Screenshot_20190429_152026_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Oh I see, they're both really pretty, I love that pale blue. What age do they do the first moult? I'm thinking Aoife had already had her when I got her.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The pictures were much cleared when I looked at them on my mobile.

What age do they do the first moult?
About 5-6 months old for roseicollis. I would think same goes for fischeri and personatus, but I don´t know.
I don´t know a lot about their changes or growth because my birds are roseicollis and my uncle the same. When I look at baby eye ring lovebirds, they seem to have the colours in the same place. So I wonder how much they change?... For eg, blue series roseicollis have grey around their faces which fades in the first moult and the rosy faced start with a peachy coloured face and it darkens. With all the roseicollis, the brow line becomes very clear after the moult, as a baby, it is more faded.
.... now I am waffling on :roflmao:
What species is Aoife? She looks personatus (black masked) How much does she weigh? I´m just curious ...

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The pictures were much cleared when I looked at them on my mobile.

About 5-6 months old for roseicollis. I would think same goes for fischeri and personatus, but I don´t know.
I don´t know a lot about their changes or growth because my birds are roseicollis and my uncle the same. When I look at baby eye ring lovebirds, they seem to have the colours in the same place. So I wonder how much they change?... For eg, blue series roseicollis have grey around their faces which fades in the first moult and the rosy faced start with a peachy coloured face and it darkens. With all the roseicollis, the brow line becomes very clear after the moult, as a baby, it is more faded.
.... now I am waffling on :roflmao:
What species is Aoife? She looks personatus (black masked) How much does she weigh? I´m just curious ...
She's a blue mutation personatus. I'm unsure about her weight, I need to get a scale. I know I should be weighing her but I just realized that I don't have to spend a lot of money on a scale, I can go the $15 food scale route