• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video ❤ Remembering Zane ❤

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
So sad. So wonderful. :hug8:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I haven’t watched the video yet I will cry. The necklace is beautiful.
I couldn't have said it better.

We'll both probably revisit that video.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I picked up Zane's ashes today. It feels so surreal that's all that's left of him now. :( I got his necropsy report too. I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of it. But what I can make our is he had "advanced severe atherosclerosis" or hardening of arteries and that was the main cause of death.

And that he was sick with a virus or inflection (I can remember which one) may or may not had contributed to his death. I'm guessing it probably did on certain level but it does seem like he was on borrowed time too. I was lucky to have had the time I did have with him. It still hurts thou.

Echo and I are getting use to our new normal. We're doing ok. Echo doesn't like going to bed without Zane and will call/cry for couple minutes after I say good night to him and leave the birdroom. It's weird cause it was Zane who usually the fussing one when it came to going to bed.

Here are some of my favorite pictures him. (I got other pictures and videos of on my other computer but it's not set up yet and it's old. I hopefully I can get my brother help move them somewhere I can have easier access to them.)
These are he went through a good period when he didn't even need a collar
FB_IMG_1520036755642.jpg FB_IMG_1520036456465.jpg
And some more pictures
FB_IMG_1520036666743.jpg FB_IMG_1520036207501.jpg

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Zane was a fine old gentleman. My Jasper has atherosclerosis and takes medication for it every day. She is on Benazipril for her heart (congestive heart failure) and the atherosclerosis. She could die at any moment. I so wish that Zane had been diagnosed (it is difficult to diagnose), because there are medications for it. Sarah's Rosie also has atherosclerosis.

I miss him too.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What wonderful pictures!

I always say the eyes say it all...look at Zane's eyes...I see pure joy of life...:heart:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Zane was a fine old gentleman. My Jasper has atherosclerosis and takes medication for it every day. She is on Benazipril for her heart (congestive heart failure) and the atherosclerosis. She could die at any moment. I so wish that Zane had been diagnosed (it is difficult to diagnose), because there are medications for it. Sarah's Rosie also has atherosclerosis.

I miss him too.
I wish he was diagnosed too. Do know how it's diagnosed? Whenever Zane had bloodwork done his vet would say his heart looked good based off those test :shrug: I'm so glad he didn't have to have surgery because of his self mutilating now. I'm not sure his heart would have made it through it.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I love the beautiful necklace with the Z and the Hibiscus, what a great tribute. The candle too, it's so pretty. You know in your heart if Zane could tell you something, it would be to 'be happy Mom', you did the best you could for me and I had a great life with a loving Mommy. It hurts so badly, I know, and just cry your eyes out when you need to. We are here to see those cute funny vids and cherish him right along with you.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Jasper was retaining fluids, she gained 60 gms overnight (This was 15 years ago) and her heart was beating far too fast, so Dr. Driggers knew something was bad wrong. He took several xrays and the left ventricle was distended and there was a lot of occlusion in her atrial chambers and obvious atherosclerosis in her descending aorta. Her lungs and her pericadium were filled with fluid. She was only six years old and her condition was due to her diet while with the owners before me. Lots of ice cream, bacon, cheese, Fritos, PEANUTS and whatever she liked, but very little that was good for her.

He said never feed her another peanut and I haven't. He gave her a shot of Lasix and told me that she might not live through the night. She has been on a low fat, low sugar diet, heavy on veggies since then and is now in the best condition she's been since I've had her.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What wonderful pictures of Zane!:heart: Such a precious little face. Big hugs for you and Echo.
:sadhug2:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So... I'm sort been on a portrait buying spree :hehe: They are all digital. It's cool to see different styles and interpretations of Zane.

First by is our own @Faolan
Zane Portrait 4-20-18 for Sarahmoluccan.png
Then the rest from Esty artists
Sarah Hehn.png
Sarah Hehn.jpg
This one's file was to big so I tried to croping it, but it was still too big. So here it is in a collage. Upper right :)
IMG_1521398466260.jpg
20180420_211546.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I love those! I have more than one favorite for sure. Do any really capture him for you?