• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video ❤ Remembering Zane ❤

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm been doing little things to remember and honor Zane. Keeping his memory alive has been helping me get through the grief.

I brought a little necklace of with two little charms. One of little circle with the letter Z on it. And the other is hibiscus charm. He use to love eat the leaves of my hibicus plants. Plus I thought of the Tom Petty song "Wildflowers" as his song.
20180301_130650.jpg
20180301_191516.jpg

I also finally brought the book his story was in. I don't think I ever mentioned he was in book. It's called "Inspiring Animal Tales" Inspiring Animal Tales: Heartwarming Stories of Courage and Devotion (Amazing Stories (Heritage House)) eBook: Roxanne Willems Snopek: Amazon.ca: Kindle Store I haven't got my copy yet. His part is about his time at "Second Flight" the parrot sanctuary with my friend good Leanne who ran it. Second Flight is now closed as sadly Leanne's health is not good. I'm looking forward to reading about my boy even though I know about most of his time there.

I have a few other things planned to remember my Zane. I think I am making a little shrine to him! :hehepink: I still haven't received his ashes or heard from my vet about his necropsy. I'm still struggling with guilt about not getting him to the vets sooner. It's hard but doing little things to remember and cherish his memory is helping. I also been having some good cry fests over my boy too. I like reading over all of your kind thoughtful comments in the My beloved Zane thread. All of you have been so helpful. Thankyou!! :grouphug:

Here's some more clips I put together of my Chunky Chicken :heart:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
He was the cutest! Loved your video of Zane running about. Also loved that call, or beep, or whatever that cute noise was.

:heart:

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
That necklace you got is a great way to remember and honor Zane. And that video you put together is amazing! He's so adorable; he was such a special boy and he knew he was very much loved! :heart:

Another idea is you could make a little album of him. You could gather a bunch of photos of him and put together in a little book. Just an idea. :)

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Another idea is you could make a little album of him. You could gather a bunch of photos of him and put together in a little book. Just an idea. :)
That's a wonderful idea :) I was thinking of doing a little scrap book of him. I have such fond memories of him. He was such a special guy :heart:

He was the cutest! Loved your video of Zane running about. Also loved that call, or beep, or whatever that cute noise was.

:heart:
I know!! He was so cute running around and I loved all his vocalizations.:heart: I so going miss those things about him.

It’s beautiful what you’re doing for him. :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:
I’m sorry for your loss. Zane is flying high.

Edit: the video is adorable!
Thank you!! He was a such character. :)

sorry for your loss
Thankyou

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
also finally brought the book his story was in. I don't think I ever mentioned he was in book. It's called "Inspiring Animal Tales" Inspiring Animal Tales: Heartwarming Stories of Courage and Devotion (Amazing Stories (Heritage House)) eBook: Roxanne Willems Snopek: Amazon.ca: Kindle Store I haven't got my copy yet. His part is about his time at "Second Flight" the parrot sanctuary with my friend good Leanne who ran it. Second Flight is now closed as sadly Leanne's health is not good. I'm looking forward to reading about my boy even though I know about most of his time there.
That's beautiful :hug8:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I love the video, especially the look on his face before he takes the glasses.:heart: The necklaces you picked out are beautiful, and I’m glad you’re finding ways to honor his memory. I didn’t know he was in a book! Very cool. Zane was truly a special birdie!:xflove:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
We had a collage of Nerd birds feathers in a little hanging basket we gathered as he lost them. Mostly his cool green to red tail feathers. When he finally left us after 31 years we treasure that collection of feathers. That might be a cool remberence type thing for Zane too. Ours has some nice fake flowers and leaves and a green Styrofoam block that holds the plants and feathers. Hopefully you have some feathers or something similar that might be good in something similar. :sadhug:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Healthy grief keeps the good memories in your heart. With i could have known Zane.
Me too :) One thing that breaks my heart is there was so many things i want to do with him still and people in my life meet I wanted to introduce Zane to. There a sense of so unfinished business in that way. This summer I was planning on bringing Zane to a friend's courtyard. The courtyard isn't finished yet. But I can just picture Zane running around it. He would have loved it.

I found an preview of the book where you can read most of Zane's chapter. A few pages are missing. I did notice a couple inaccuracies. Like Zane didn't really said "chunky chicken" he would woo sometimes after doing it thou. But he did have a "Whatcha doin" call that did sort of sound like the actual words. And sadly did pick at himself again. But he did go through a good period he barely did. The story about Alba is very true. He was very good with littler birds and birds that were disable. Anyway here's a link to the preview. It's a little disjointed because some missing pages.

Inspiring Animal Tales: Heartwarming Stories of Courage and Devotion - Roxanne Willems Snopek - Google Books

Last edited:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
We had a collage of Nerd birds feathers in a little hanging basket we gathered as he lost them. Mostly his cool green to red tail feathers. When he finally left us after 31 years we treasure that collection of feathers. That might be a cool remberence type thing for Zane too. Ours has some nice fake flowers and leaves and a green Styrofoam block that holds the plants and feathers. Hopefully you have some feathers or something similar that might be good in something similar. :sadhug:
That's really cool you have that. Feathers are so great to have as a keep sake. I am so glad I was a feather hoarder with him. ;)

I do have a little candle holder that has some of his feathers in. I cherish it even more now. And there some feather art thing I want to do too. Kind of like a dream catch but a bit different. I also collected some of his down feathers too. I want to put those in one of those clear fillable Christmas ornaments. The down feathers kind remind of fluffy snow :) Any here's pictures of the candle holder.
20161217_032934.jpg 20161217_032907.jpg 20161217_032831.jpg 20161217_032753.jpg

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Oh, that is so cool and a awesome and useful way to honor and remember Zane. :) I have a few feathers from Beeper, the Female house finch we rescued from a crow as a tiny baby and raised. I sure wish we saved more feathers and took more pictures but you never plan on these things and think you have more time. And I beat myself up about loosing both of them too but things happen :(

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Awesome tributes to Zane! He was such a character. :heart: Keep the good memories, let go of the bad and forgive yourself! You went over the top for him! :hug8:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Those are all beautiful Sarah:heart: I don’t know if Zane had any really small feathers, but I have a locker I wear around my neck with a small feather of Henkie, Fëanor and Tiki.
We are still thinking of you:hug8:I showed Some of Zane’s happy hopping videos to my friends and they all absolutly loved them!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What a beautiful video.

It is sad that Zane couldn't have met more people. I feel fortunate to have met him through all your posts, pictures, and videos here. He will remain in my heart, forever.

I said it before, and I'll say it again....Wings Forever High, Zane...:heart:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Oh, that is so cool and a awesome and useful way to honor and remember Zane. :) I have a few feathers from Beeper, the Female house finch we rescued from a crow as a tiny baby and raised. I sure wish we saved more feathers and took more pictures but you never plan on these things and think you have more time. And I beat myself up about loosing both of them too but things happen :(
It's hard to let go of the guilt. I'm ok during the day but it's the nights that really gets me. That's when I really beat myself about things. :( I keep thinking about all the things I should have done. I have a bunch of Zane's feathers but I still wish I had more. Silly things bug me like I collected feathers from other Moluccans at the rescue so I'm not 100% sure which ones are Zane's. I know most of them are Zane's and a have a handful that I do know are his.... I dunno strange things like that bother me....

Awesome tributes to Zane! He was such a character. :heart: Keep the good memories, let go of the bad and forgive yourself! You went over the top for him! :hug8:
Thankyou that really means a lot to me. People keep saying things like that and it really does help. I have social anxiety and depression and asking people for help is really hard for me. I was pretty good about asking for help with Zane but even that could be hard.

I'm on disability because of my depression and anxiety. I offen feel like a burden of to the people around me and to society in general. I couldn't afford to pay for Zane's vet bills on my own. I really relied on parents to help with that and that could be hard. Zane's was sick so often that his vets bills were pretty sufficient. And it also made me feel like a horrible owner that he kept getting infections and things. On the flip side to that was looking after Zane was the one thing that really gave me self worth. Like it was the one good thing I was doing with my life. Zane was really able pull me back from brink of depression so many times. So to have that stripped away from me is really hard. I know I still have Echo and he needs me but it's not quite the same thing. It's complicated and different.

We are still thinking of you:hug8:I showed Some of Zane’s happy hopping videos to my friends and they all absolutly loved them!
Thank you :hug8:I love that you shown your friends videos of Zane. It warms my heart that to know how Zane can bring joy to people. Sharing Zane with this forum really means a lot to me. I love showing off Zane and sharing vidoes of him with his huge personality. I love that he's able to make people happy and that people could feel a connection with him even thou they'd never met him.

What a beautiful video.

It is sad that Zane couldn't have met more people. I feel fortunate to have met him through all your posts, pictures, and videos here. He will remain in my heart, forever.

I said it before, and I'll say it again....Wings Forever High, Zane...:heart:
Thankyou!! I'm so happy to share him with people. And thinking how he's now free of pain and whole again does bring me some relief :heart:

Thanks all for being there for me. It's hard but it's cathartic to write these things down.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Zane will always be a part of your and our hearts .

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
When I see those lovely tributes I got reminded that I still talk to Eloy. We do things to keeping them alive, because we was not ready for letting them go.
And their is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps some doctor will say so, but that is not them that had that lost and feel what we feel.
The love you feel for Zane will always be close to your heart. And that necklace will help you with that.
And when you need comfort or/and want to talk about Zane, we will always be here for you. I think that you are so brave. ♥

I know I still have Echo and he needs me but it's not quite the same thing.
That was also what I felt. Some days it felt that I was not happy for Akela and Eliy at all. But now I understand that the feeling was normal because my sorrow was so comprehensive.
In time you will allow Echo to help you heal your heart, like both Akela and Eliy did help me heal mine. And it was then I realized how much I loved them.
I didn't loved them the same way as I loved Eloy, but I didn't love them less.

And thinking how he's now free of pain and whole again does bring me some relief :heart:
Their is always something bad about loss, and also their is something good that gives us relief. I'm so happy for reading this. This is love. ♥

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
You're feeling a pain like no other and I'm so sorry. You're rememberances are so sweet. I have a picture of each of my passed cats, bird , and horses on my refrigerator so I can remember them every day