• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For Those Who Want to Inform Others About 'THAT VENDOR"

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think people were much more inclined to be sympathetic when she'd just lost birds. But there were some pretty compelling concerns raised about her background and practices as well. I never want to malign someone who's doing real good for birds, but I am getting increasingly concerned that her personality/values could actually turn a lot of birds in need into victims.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What was she feeding these live caught mice before she had enough of them to conduct an experiment?

Seems like it would be easier to grab some from the local reptile expo....

ETA: Not at all saying I support her experiment regardless of how she did it. Just seems like there are holes in her explanation.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm getting so fed up with her. I really try to be patience and understanding even when I disagree with a person but I'm so at my breaking point with her. Here's one of the latest thing she has posted on Facebook

"I haven't been able to get to the bottom of the safety concerns. That's puzzling to me.

It's one thing for a band of lunatics to start a lynch mob, which is clearly in full swing.

But the call I got was from a gal saying there was poison in the foods, and that birds were getting sick. Except - it turns out, that person never got any food from her, and thus her birds didn't consume it.

In the other reports I'm hearing it's dried flowers and herbs - and in that case, what are they?

Thus far, I've not had a single credible report of actual illness due to consuming the food. I've heard rumors, but not a single one has been able to say: "My birds consumed X, it contained Y, and my vet diagnosed the bird with Z based on the symptoms in conjunction with X and Y."

I told them on the phone when they called that they needed to be real careful about lynch mobbing without proof.

I get people being upset and angry due to missing orders and lack of refunds. That is completely understandable, as long as Marsha is putting safeguards in place so that can't happen again, and honoring the orders.

But the issues with calling the food poisonous - that requires something more concrete. I'm not asking for even direct data at this point, I just need sick birds after orders, or dead birds after orders to be able to give that weight.

Thus far, I don't have any of that."

:tmsmakesme: I feel she's being completely unreasonable here! She clearly has some kind of doubt but she already determined there is a lynch mob!! Why? Cause she talked one concern individual? How are people with legitimate concerns and experiences supposed to step forward when you already when dismiss them as lunatics? I hope somebody can through to her *sigh*

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How are people with legitimate concerns and experiences supposed to step forward when you already when dismiss them as lunatics?
My thoughts exactly :(

I just need sick birds after orders, or dead birds after orders
I wonder if she spoke with the other sanctuary. Happy wings I think, if I am recalling correctly.

It's one thing for a band of lunatics to start a lynch mob, which is clearly in full swing.
She has clearly never met a lunatic

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She reads posts on our forums..... or at least she did when her birds passed away.

I am puzzled that she didn't read the thread here about the people with birds with health issues. It's sad because others will follow her down the rabbit hole.

Sad. Very sad.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
What I told Shannon was the food was POSSIBLY TOXIC, not poisonous. She is going repeat something god dang it get it right.
All I'm going to say this again, I made a mistake in calling her in the first place. If I had known that she was going twist this up the way she has, I would never had given her the time of day. I am so sorry that this is happening again. I apologize deeply to each and everyone of you.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
What I told Shannon was the food was POSSIBLY TOXIC, not poisonous. She is going repeat something god dang it get it right.
All I'm going to say this again, I made a mistake in calling her in the first place. If I had known that she was going twist this up the way she has, I would never had given her the time of day. I am so sorry that this is happening again. I apologize deeply to each and everyone of you.
Your heart was in the right place, Laurie. People only hear - or not hear - what they want to. Also, while I want to give people the benefit of the doubt, theres always been drama from each of these two on their FB feeds -- even before this current issue started (from what feels like centuries ago now) -- so I do start to shrug when accusations are made as to who started what. When you are always asserting that everyone around you is crazy, its time to look at who the common denominator is.

She has clearly never met a lunatic
:lol: I definitely have! And more than one. :geek:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
The saddest thing of all this is, she has made her own rescue and rehab a part of this so called " witch hunt" by twist herself into the WD controversy. Really Shannon, honey, as if you haven't had enough of your controversy with all that has happened to you and the 11 birds that have died from either air borne toxins or whatever food that you gave and blamed major companies that know what the heck they are doing (hopefully).

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
@rocky'smom turn the computer off, boil the kettle and spend an hour with those precious to you. This will all still be here when you come back.
You're letting this chew you up when there's really no need.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@rocky'smom You did nothing wrong and I think that you know that. You (just like she was) were seeking assistance on how the determine the parameters of a problem.

I would never have posted her raving and ranting speech here if it had not been for so many people on her site saying they would rush out to buy the WD food in sympathy for her imagined insult. I was hopeful that some of you who had first hand bad experience to the WD food would post on her site. I did not have a bad experience with the small amount of WD food that I bought - Jasper wouldn't eat it, proving that she is smarter than me. It did take her a month to get my order to me after I had to call her.

I'm the one who should apologize.

Anyway, I just want to remind all of you that although Shannon is far from the sharpest knife in the drawer, that MM is the one who is doing the real damage and not slowing down.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Did she offer any proof of the mice tests? How did she record it?

How did she know the mice were all the same age and healthy before she fed them? Did she provide them with basic care, or were they stressed from living in barren, tiny traps?

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Naw, she just did it for her own edification and then told everyone about it.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Ok I've cracked :batonthehead: :lol:

I dug up an old screen shot I took ages ago. Its from MM's old forum where she justifies having mold and bugs in products because you know they are organic :rolleyes: Anyway I posted it to Facebook thread I was following and told people who were buying food to watch out for mold and bugs. I'm probably getting banned. I thought maybe it might wake up a few people hopefully. Sadly the forum doesn't exist anymore so MM will probably claim I made it up and wrote the whole myself because I've now join the raving lunatic club. :rolleyes: Here's the screenshot
Screenshot_20190809-152658_Chrome~2.jpg

@rocky'smom turn the computer off, boil the kettle and spend an hour with those precious to you. This will all still be here when you come back.
You're letting this chew you up when there's really no need.
This actually good advice for me too :bluhug:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Naw, she just did it for her own edification and then told everyone about it.
I'm really wondering what she even did for them. She mentioned live trapping them, but doesn't mention giving them food, checking if they were healthy, pregnant/nursing, older or old enough to be on their own, if she gave them adequate water, whether she gave them hiding spots... Stress can easily kill a mouse. As can a few hours without water.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I was full on ready to jump in and share my story.

Until I realized that my story would be just deleted or explained away by more untruths.

I'm sorry that I do not have the energy or time to waste going to bat when the score has already been determined. If I thought it would do anything besides invite more drama, I would certainly make an attempt.

I stuck up for Shannon in spite of the evidence against her. I even donated toys to her rescue afterwards. That she is shutting down people so quickly just because she thinks this is a personal witch hunt is really disappointing.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Ok I've cracked :batonthehead: :lol:

I dug up an old screen shot I took ages ago. Its from MM's old forum where she justifies having mold and bugs in products because you know they are organic :rolleyes: Anyway I posted it to Facebook thread I was following and told people who were buying food to watch out for mold and bugs. I'm probably getting banned. I thought maybe it might wake up a few people hopefully. Sadly the forum doesn't exist anymore so MM will probably claim I made it up and wrote the whole myself because I've now join the raving lunatic club. :rolleyes: Here's the screenshot
View attachment 318102

This actually good advice for me too :bluhug:
So she's saying "yes, there might be mold?" What about the mold you don't see?