• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Letters with love

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I have asked for help, i found this wonderful lady that helps me taking care of myself.. Even the simple things seem huge these days. But in the ed i’ll pull through! I have my parrts who need me, and my dog who i would trust nobody to care for her like i do :blush:

I also bought a piano (research suggested that depressed people may thow away money more easily.. thats one research i’ll not argue with :hehe: ) and started singing lessons again!

Im pretty sure in 6 months time the whole neighbourhood will be in therapy as well!

Good for you - on both counts!

Singing is therapeutic, I am sure.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I miss playing piano. Do you already play or are you taking it up?
View attachment 317545

Do you have a piano? We sold a grand and a baby grand to move down here; now I have a keyboard, a nice one in an upright case like a piano but.... it’s not a baby grand. *pout*

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
@Lincee the piano and singing lessons are a terrific idea! I’m sure your birds will love to sing along with you as well :)
Just continue doing what you’re doing- taking care of yourself and your feather and fur babies, that’s the most important thing. Everything else will work itself out. And even if it doesn’t, we’re always here to listen. :sadhug2:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, the singing, & playing (I agree) the birds will want to take part too! Music helps many people pull through very tough times, for me though the opposite. I can do a song or 2 but to much makes me anxious. You have to find a groove for yourself & remember to do 1 thing a day just for you. You'll be amazed the difference that 1 thing can make. Even if that 1 thing is taking 15 minutes & resting your eyes.

I loved all the pics but the Zon one caught my eye! :geek:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Yes, the singing, & playing (I agree) the birds will want to take part too! Music helps many people pull through very tough times, for me though the opposite. I can do a song or 2 but to much makes me anxious. You have to find a groove for yourself & remember to do 1 thing a day just for you. You'll be amazed the difference that 1 thing can make. Even if that 1 thing is taking 15 minutes & resting your eyes.

I loved all the pics but the Zon one caught my eye! :geek:
The zon seems a bit out of it.. not nicely feathered, Shes almost feeling as bad as me i think

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Research has shown that depressed people dont think long term, i would agree with that
...very true...my therapist was talking to me about that....and then there are the dreaded "what ifs".

There's a line from an older country song that I like...."I don't worry about things I can't change"...

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The zon seems a bit out of it.. not nicely feathered, Shes almost feeling as bad as me i think
Maybe its seasonal depression. Or more likely she's feeding off of you. They know our emotions. I swear Buddy just knows when I'm faking a good day for the family to see. Then I'll go off w/ my shoulder friend & as soon as its just "Us", that story starts & w/in minutes I'm laughing my tail off. They really have an eye for all the things we try to hide...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh my goodness the love and support shown in this thread truely warms my heart and soul! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Jan I am so sorry to hear that you are battling with your feelings and thoughts. I really hope the darkness clears away for lots of bright happy thoughts and feelings soon. You deserve to be happy and enjoy every moment of every day because you are such a beautiful person.

Keep up the signing if it makes you feel good or gives you something to reach for and please spend as much time as you can with your birds and dog as the unconditional love they give is great for positive healing feelings!

Thinking of you and sending you lots of love :hug8::heart::hug8:

I absolutely loved all your photos in this thread :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jan, have you tried light therapy? I've had 2 lights & one helped a bunch the other one I didn't notice much of a difference. Or force yourself out into the sun every day. I've never had much luck attempting the motivation to put my shoes on tho when my depression is bad. Just a thought that a light may help reduce your really crummy feeling days.

:marlenesmile:Thinking of you!!! :marlenesmile:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Light has indeed some effect, but my main problem is genetic. Its the female line in my family (go figure.. just my luck) that battles depressions with mixed results. My environment isnt the best place either.. i have a neighbour who complaints about literally everything, even to the point where we’re talking about going to court because she complaints about the plants in my backyard.

If i didnt have the birds and the beagle, i woud have dragged her out and smacked her head on the pavement a long tie ago, and im not usually agressive :( well past summer i hosed her down with water.. i was so fed up with her complaining and gossiping and nonsense.. i took the waterhose and gave her some nice cooling water to was out al the dust she seems to have between her head! It was a good laugh for a few months, the rest of the neighbours really thought she had it coming :rofl:

Then there’s my parents who need constant help and care, its becoming a fulltime job and i just cant hande it anymore, ive been taking care of them since i was 12, im now 38 and i figured i need to build a life for my own.

So you see, light has only that much effect.. the good thing is that most of it is “between the ears” because that means i CAN change it, it just takes an overhaul of my entire life..

All in all the next few years have some challenges ahead, but the birds will surely lighten the mood :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I understand, I can't say I have great solves to these issues. Your neighbor sounds like a twirp! Jan, I can't even imagine you hosing her, it's so unlike your personality to get that angry, you are the one that tries to avoid or smooth over issues usually.

Your parents, I'm sorry. It's really tough taking care if the ones that we love when they're ill or aged. I feel you there! I'm glad tho that the fids help make the day a little eased. Buddy seems to help me too! He thinks that he's the funniest little green dude on the entire earth! (I'm not helping either because all I do is :rofl:@ him all the time!)

We're all here if you need us, all you have to do is vent! :sadhug:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I understand, I can't say I have great solves to these issues. Your neighbor sounds like a twirp!
I can understand your feelings towards your neighbor. We've had some real losers here in the past. Perhaps the worst..was the woman who let her toddler walk around our back yard...one time coming in our back door and saying she was hungry. :(

A few months later, a boyfriend of this neighbor was apprehended and taken down in the driveway right outside our bedroom window...he was arrested on charges of rape.

This is the neighbor who complained to the Game Commission and said we were harboring Quakers...which we weren't of course...

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I just want to live my life, my neighbours dont bother me and i dont bother them, generally speaking i avoid conflict, because im more a “lets make things work” kinda guy.. but we have reached a point.. or rather, i am getting at a point where its “Jan first, everyone else second” i am just too done with always caring for everyone. In a few years most of my family will be death, and then i’ll be the one wondering what to do with my life. I need a plan, nd something of my own.. and we’re working on that now :)

Attachments