• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

In memory of Charlie

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
20191018_184611.jpg I keep all the feathers my parrots lose in separate bags, just can't part with them. After my YNA, Charlie died, my sister asked me for a few of his larger feathers to show her neighbor. She gives art classes at night and had been doing pottery/ glazing and made this for me. When I see it I smile at all the memories of him including a few good bites:heart:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 317630 I keep all the feathers my parrots lose in separate bags, just can't part with them. After my YNA, Charlie died, my sister asked me for a few of his larger feathers to show her neighbor. She gives art classes at night and had been doing pottery/ glazing and made this for me. When I see it I smile at all the memories of him including a few good bites:heart:

It's beautiful! I :heart:the coloring!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
View attachment 317630 I keep all the feathers my parrots lose in separate bags, just can't part with them. After my YNA, Charlie died, my sister asked me for a few of his larger feathers to show her neighbor. She gives art classes at night and had been doing pottery/ glazing and made this for me. When I see it I smile at all the memories of him including a few good bites:heart:
I have done similar, kept the feathers of my former birds.
Just last week my wife pulled a bag that contained sparky's feathers, a grey that passed from old age 10 months ago. I can still smell him they his feathers. Great memories.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow! That´s so beautiful! Your sisters neighbour is talented. I´m sure it brings much comfort to look at and reminisce ❤

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I have done similar, kept the feathers of my former birds.
Just last week my wife pulled a bag that contained sparky's feathers, a grey that passed from old age 10 months ago. I can still smell him they his feathers. Great memories.
Yes I still smell Nikki's (CAG) that I lost in 2015. To me she always smelled like baby powder. Now with our Amazons, Howard and Billy the smell is totally diffferent.