• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this okay to have around Tweety?

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
I have cracks & stuff that show up on my hands & arms so I finally was able to get a referral from my doctor to a dermatologist & saw him today. he wrote me a prescription & told me 2 different creams I can buy over the counter to use.
I'll list all 3 of them so you guys can help me. I get Tweety out of her cage on my finger & stuff everyday. So my question is are any of these bad for her if she touches them?? Or does she have to stay in for a month while I have to do this stuff :(

The Prescription is called Betamethasone dp Aug 0.05% crm
(Put on 2 times a day for 2-3 weeks...)

Over the counter stuff is
1. cerave therapeutic hand cream
2. aquaphor dry cracked skin

I only have the prescription right I haven't gotten the other ones yet

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I use cerave @ night usually. I try not to put it on when I have Buddy near my hands. I'm probably just overly mothering the situation but since our fids have issues w/ so much, I just avoid.

I'm not sure what the other 2 are...

Maybe @Mizzely or @Birdbabe may know, or know who to ask.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would think once it's absorbed it's fine.... It's not like you are spreading it all over the place for a month straight. I would probably be overly cautious and give it 30 mins to fully absorb and then not worry :)

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
If you have to handle him whilst it’s absorbing in to your skin you can just pull a sleeve over your hand.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would think it's ok, because of what I've read, it's ok around human babies,,I use vitamin E oil or Vaseline for my dry crack hands, safe for the birdies and no allergy reaction for me

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would think once it's absorbed it's fine.... It's not like you are spreading it all over the place for a month straight. I would probably be overly cautious and give it 30 mins to fully absorb and then not worry :)
I would think it's ok, because of what I've read, it's ok around human babies,,I use vitamin E oil or Vaseline for my dry crack hands, safe for the birdies and no allergy reaction for me
Thank you for helping! I appreciate it!!!

:gbh:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have to use Betamethasone every winter because of how badly my skin cracks from the dry air, and when I have to handle my fids I just pull my sleeves up to cover my hands, or put on a pair of thin gloves (which also keeps it from rubbing off on everything you touch, which is mad annoying). Once fully absorbed into the skin I imagine the risk is minimal.

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Thank you everyone for all of the help!
I make sure to get up early before Tweety gets up & put it on in a different room & wait 2-3 hours until I go hangout with her & then still wait 4-5 more hours until I actually get her out to hangout in the bathroom/bedroom just to be safe! ;)