• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

On searching AA and getting results

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I have had some trouble using the search function, but I think I've found a good hack to get relevant results!

I'm not sure if Google is watching my activity in hyperdrive, but using the search terms I want in a Google window throws really useful and specific results for this forum!

I suggest you try this trick if you have trouble getting what you want from the AA's search option.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I have had some trouble using the search function, but I think I've found a good hack to get relevant results!

I'm not sure if Google is watching my activity in hyperdrive, but using the search terms I want in a Google window throws really useful and specific results for this forum!

I suggest you try this trick if you have trouble getting what you want from the AA's search option.
That's how most of us found AA in the first place. Good tip ;)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez

Lol, I have done the exact same thing in the past when I could not get a result from the AA search ;)
I never thought of mentioning it for others to take advantage of though.....good call @Monaco

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Thanks guys. It's really rare that a good idea happens simultaneously with a conspiracy theory, but now I've got proof that it's possible! Of the good idea... still can't prove Google is watching me through my camera.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
The current search feature on here really sucks! We are in the process of an upgrade and I think everyone will find the search function on the new software works a little bit better

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The current search feature on here really sucks! We are in the process of an upgrade and I think everyone will find the search function on the new software works a little bit better
That's very good to know!

That's how most of us found AA in the first place. Good tip ;)
Me too! Then it happened that just about every search I did brought me here 1st. I then found home! :loveshower: